Official Review: JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being" by Victoria A. Carella.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being is poetry and drama book written by Victoria A. Carella and published in 2017. Victoria is a transformational teacher and a master of human consciousness. She has defined Shamanism as the art of living a truthful life. The Shaman is the knower and a keeper of knowledge. She has delved into an exploration of beings through the use of poems. This book contains a variety religious poems with different titles, all exploring natural beings. Various definitions and attributes have been given to the term 'being'. Humans and other things in nature are referred to as beings. Beings are also known as medicine spirits. It has been established that beings have a connection with fellow beings of light and love. The need to stay centered in light and love. Releasing fear of beings in cherished.

Beings go on a journey that is filled with emotions. Although the soul may travel in fear and confusion, there is always an assurance. The spirit travels to strange places and sometimes they stumble after seeing their own reflection. Great attributes have been given to mother earth. It has been proven that once we make peace with ourselves, we make peace with others. The work of angels has been fairly explained.

I am moved by the words of inspiration of the poems presented in this book. Apart from the inspirations, there are great moral lessons to be learned. It has been stated that the only way to effect real change in the world is by transforming ourselves. Love knows no boundaries so lets us take the journey of love. Life is so precious. Why waste it on hostility, unkindness, competition and comparison. The book is filled with these words of exaltation making it outstanding.

There is a clear table of contents to guide readers. The title of the book is relevant to its contents. There is an excellent use of literary devices. I refer to the author as an icon in the world of religion and poetry. The benefits of this book cut across religions, races and cultures. I recommend it to all religious leaders and poetry students.

However, I realized that there is an inconsistent use of punctuation marks. The author has used some punctuation marks leaving others. She can decide to exclude all the punctuation marks in her poems or ensure that punctuation marks are fully utilized. There is also inaccurate capitalization of some words and sentences. The grammatical rule must be strictly observed. Some of the words are more technical. Such words must be explained to the understanding of an average reader.

I hope the author will fix the above limitations and write the next edition of this book. This is a good job done by Victoria A. Carella. I hope to read more books from her. I, therefore, rate her book JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being 3 out of 4 stars.

JOURNEYS An Exploration of Being
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I suppose people who are masters of human consciousness probably don't feel the need for consistent punctuation, but it does make life easier for the rest of us. I've never heard of this author, but happy to take your word regarding her iconic status.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I'm not very into poetry - or religion for that matter. So this seems like one that would be lost on me. Thanks for the great review though, I'm glad you enjoyed the book :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I'm not sure I want to delve into this world of beings and spirits. Thanks for your thoughts on this book, though.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This sounds like it is a pretty decent book, although not one I would readily read.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I tend towards a Christian perspective in that spirits dwell inside of you and don't travel apart from you. Though as a book of poetry I might be inclined to read a few of theese anyway, as poetry is very beautiful.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”