Official Review: Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep" by Louis T. Bruno.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep is a drama and poetry book written by Louis T. Bruno and published in 2018. It comprises a number of poems with different titles. The poems speak on a variety of subjects such as hard work, jobs, travel, time, trust and others. The poem that fascinates me is titled ‘Guns ’. The author has stated the need for a gun in every home. It has been stated that there is a moment when all will want to reach down for a gun when someone enters their house illegally. Guns are therefore necessary to protect ourselves. Without guns, the world will die. It is difficult to tell who a bad person is, thus, the need to hold guns. The author has shared his experience with guns whilst he was in Havana, his home town.

I have been considerably inspired by the various poems of this book. Some of the poems are very educative and some have great moral lessons. It has been established in one of the poems that the abundance of money does not provide happiness and peace. It is also not sensible to do an arduous task to the detriment of your health. It is equally unwise to be deprived of your social life due to the love of money. People always crave for jobs with higher salary with the view of making money, but they end up causing more harm to themselves. It is, therefore, necessary to be cautious of employers who exploit you mercilessly and kill your dreams.

The author has demonstrated his awesome skills in the world of poetry with the use of excellent literary devices. Most of the poems are filled with rhymes and proverbs. The poems have been written using contemporary issues. This book is well edited as there are no spelling or grammatical errors. I recommend this book to all literature students and all lovers of poetry.

However, a table of contents is missing in the book. The table of contents serves as a guide for readers and it pre-inform them of the topics of the book so they can decide from the onset if the book is suitable for them. Furthermore, the letters of the alphabets are too small. Smaller font size can discourage readers because they may strain their eyes when reading through the book. The chosen font must have a reasonable size. Also, there is an uneconomical use of space in some of the pages. The body of some poem is squeezed-up in a portion of the page whilst a significant space is left unused. This is likewise the reason for the smaller font size. This is a drawback that must be fixed immediately. The sentences and words must be evenly positioned throughout the various pages. Some of the sentences on pages 18, 19 and 24 are embedded in the inequality sign ‘< and >’. I am confused if the use of such symbols is accepted in poetry. It is necessary for the author to use clear expressions that can be understood by his readers. It is necessary for the title of a poem to be distinguished from its body. The author can use different font size or style for the titles. He can also make the title bold. I recommend the author add more value to this book by including designs. The poems can be encased in well-defined borders. Variety of colours can also be used on the pages.

Despite the limitations above, I am highly impressed with this work done by Louis T. Bruno. I hope he will fix these limitations so I can grade his book with a distinction. I, therefore, rate his book Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep 3 out of 4 stars.

Hierarchy of Dwindling Sheep
View: on Bookshelves

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I’m not sure about the message conveyed regarding guns, but the beauty of a collection of poetry is that they can be diverse, covering many topics or themes. The font size would detract from my experience. Thanks for a great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Litzy reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litzy-reader.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Litzy reader »

I have never been so much into poetry. But your review makes me want to read this book. Thanks for your review
Daniel20

Post by Daniel20 »

Am not into poetry but your review make me interested in the book.Thanks
Aphroditelaughs
Currently Reading: The new wild
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aphroditelaughs.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Aphroditelaughs »

The benefit of reading this in an electronic format is that you can probably adjust the font size, right? I find it so frustrating when authors write wonderful pieces but make them hard to read! I may pick this book up. You make the poetry sound intriguing.
Adewale34

Post by Adewale34 »

This book is a very good one by Lious T. bruno nice one, talk about travel,time,job,hardwork and other.he also pointed out gun,he said without gun everyone will die,Said gun serves as a protect to oueselves and gun whilst d whole havana and home town

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”