Official Review: Intermittent Vexation by T W Evans

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Re: Official Review: Intermittent Vexation by T W Evans

Post by Camille Turner »

Jocknerd wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 13:40 This is a lovely review. I came here to learn the proper way to review books and I'm not disappointed. :D
This book seems like poetry I can truly enjoy. Thank you for the recommendation.
Thank you so much for your kind comment! You made my day. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Libs_Books wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 08:41
Camille Turner wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 12:08 I wonder if an email to Aglish Books wouldn't clarify the problem?
It did, to a certain extent - the email works and they are in the process of setting up a website. At the moment payment for the book ($20) has to be by money order.
That is good to know. It will probably be much easier when the website is up. Thank you for sharing what you found out!
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

CambaReviewer wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 11:27 Nice review. Makes me want to quickly buy the book and read. Thanks for sharing your enjoyment and enthusiasm with us. You a re right, the author does have a way with words!
Thank you for your kind comment. If you do end up reading it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Jackie99 wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 09:54 I enjoyed reading your review. I admit I have hesitated about reviewing poetry books even though I do enjoy them. I don't read a lot of poetry, but after reading your review I may try to review a collection. Good job!
Thank you very much for your kind comment! You should try it at least once, and you'll probably be quite good at it since you do enjoy poetry. :)
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I'm so happy to hear about the consistent cadence! I'm such a stickler for meter when it comes to my ability to enjoy poetry. I think I would have enjoyed the poems addressing aging the most. Watching our children grow has really put life into perspective recently!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

NL Hartje wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:25 I'm so happy to hear about the consistent cadence! I'm such a stickler for meter when it comes to my ability to enjoy poetry. I think I would have enjoyed the poems addressing aging the most. Watching our children grow has really put life into perspective recently!
Thank you for your comment! Yes, meter can be really lovely and I can absolutely imagine how watching your kids grow would affect you. Time goes by so quickly!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”