Official Review: Wading Through... by Rahul Palulli

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Official Review: Wading Through... by Rahul Palulli

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wading Through..." by Rahul Palulli.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Nature is a metaphor. Many a thought lie underneath.” 

“She is an artist. The boundless sky,  her canvas.”

Wading Through... by Rahul Palulli is essentially a poetry collection. The book contains 12 poems that cover a singular theme. The theme covered in the book is that of nature. The poet weaves the narrative that explores the beauty of nature. The poems are fragmented into little bits, and each bit has the potential to stand out as a separate piece. When I picked up this book, I wanted to read some intense poetry on any given theme. I must say I am a bit disappointed.

The key demographic that the poet has aimed at is poetry lovers as well as nature lovers. However, I doubt that even they will enjoy this collection. The most prominent aspect of the book is the cover. It is very clear from the cover that the content will be related to the theme of nature. The cover has a beautiful illustration that will captivate the reader’s mind. I feel that the cover was also the most beautiful thing about the book. Even the font of the title was really intriguing. The ellipses indicated that there is something left unsaid, something that still lingers.

I feel that in terms of the theme, there was an emotional coherence that made the book a bit interesting. The centrality of nature as a theme made the book anchored to a certain element, and it didn’t seem like the poet had lost track of the purpose of writing the book.

I feel that in poetry collections, the font can also play an important role, which is why I made sure that I notice the font in the book. The font was quite plain and simple, and there was a bit of an elegance in the way the font fit the theme of nature. I feel that the way the book has been structured made it easy to understand.

However, that is all I like about the book. In terms of content, it didn’t strike a chord. The poems were flat and dull, and I didn’t read anything I hadn’t read before. It seemed that the poems were trite and the metaphors were overused. This made the poetry collection a dry read for me. There were a couple of lines in the entire collection that stood out, but overall, it wouldn’t appeal to the reader.

I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars. I have tried to balanced the pros and cons in the review, however I wouldn’t recommend this book to poetry lovers.

Wading Through...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like 420waystoreachthesun's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

That's bad that the poetry was not up to the mark. The author needs to work more on his book. Thanks for your critical review. Feel free to check out mine.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
JJNP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnp.html
Latest Review: The Seduction of Religion by Paul Singh
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by JJNP »

Thanks for the review. I was drawn to the book by the cover, and as someone who likes poetry and nature, I might have been tempted to buy the book, but your review has helped me to decide not to,
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I also really like the cover. You made an interesting observation about the ellipses, that something is left unsaid... it’s too bad that the content deliver. Thanks for an honest review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

It's a shame that this book didn't live up to its theme. I think nature has always inspired a great deal of poetry, but since it's such an overused theme, it's hard for poets to really distinguish their work when they tackle it.
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

I agree. I would have loved to read some great nature poems.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”