Official Review: Mystical Musings by R.K. Wheeler

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Official Review: Mystical Musings by R.K. Wheeler

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mystical Musings" by R.K. Wheeler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mystical Musings by R.K. Wheeler brings to life a world of myth and legend through flowing poetic prose. Werewolves, vampires, fairies and superheroes are some of the
characters that feature in this work. The biblical story of Adam and Eve plus the devastating effect of Lucifer's rebellion does a good job of spicing up the story. Conflict between angels and demons is the icing on the cake, bringing about a scenario in which immortal beings descend upon earth, where they are clearly don't belong.

The engaging and captivating writing storytelling made me not put the book down until I was done. I especially liked the all so familiar experience of reading one continuous story although this is a collection of poems. Succeeding poems provided further information about preceding ones, thus enlightening me more about concepts that might have eluded me. Another thing that grasped my attention was the beautiful presentation of the text. This the apex of the whimsical feeling I had when I started reading. The poems are also short, ranging from a few lines to not more than three pages per poem.

The imagery, rhyme and repetition used throughout the book clearly fit the occasion and I have no complains about it. However, some terms and concepts had me employing the assistance of google plus a dictionary. I ended up being grateful because I expanded my vocabulary and added to more information to my general knowledge. How the author artfully linked the origin of vampires to the bible had me gaping but it was a pleasant read. His explanation had me doing some deep thinking and applauding him for his well presented work. As a result, I was especially intrigued to find out who the first Vampire was. Lovers of Greek mythology will definitely have an easy time sailing through the poems because a few characters from the legendary tales are featured.

The themes of conflict, family feuds, sibling rivalry and parenthood are tackled in a pleasing manner. Although most of the book is about out of this world experiences, the author winds it up with a heartfelt tribute to his grandmother plus the realities of marriage life and raising children. This will encourage readers to keep in touch with their bloodline and always strive to be there for them. At the very end of the book, references for this work are provided and this will aid readers who wish to seek further information about any mentioned topics.

I could tell that the book was well edited but I noticed 3 minor typos throughout the whole book. Besides that, the last poem of the book although error free, is written in a different font. This however does not prevent me from giving it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars and recommending it to anyone who wishes to be transported to a world of mystery.

Mystical Musings
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The out-of-the-world experience is really good for someone who needs a book to be lost on. I like this! The plot is my type. I like to give it a shot!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I don't think it's up my alley, though. Still, you had a lot of good information to base my decision on. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

kandscreeley wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 08:48 I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I don't think it's up my alley, though. Still, you had a lot of good information to base my decision on. Thanks.
You're welcome. Thank you for your feedback.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 07:00 The out-of-the-world experience is really good for someone who needs a book to be lost on. I like this! The plot is my type. I like to give it a shot!
If the plot is your type then you'll be hooked right from the cover.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story full of demons, vampires, immortal beings sounds intriguing and interesting. It's an amazing, critical review. Thanks
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 12:48 The story full of demons, vampires, immortal beings sounds intriguing and interesting. It's an amazing, critical review. Thanks
You're welcome. For the content to be represented in the form of poetry kept me glued.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Cherylrsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cherylrsh »

Thank you for the review. The book sounds very intriguing and it is one I may like to try.
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Cherylrsh wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 18:22 Thank you for the review. The book sounds very intriguing and it is one I may like to try.
You're welcome. I hope you get the chance to try it.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Cherylrsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cherylrsh »

A very interesting review. It is not something I had thought about, to produce a book from the viewpoint of poetry building from one poem to the next. An interesting concept. Undecided at this time whether I will give it a go but your review certainly urges me to do so.
Shivon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Shivon »

The content is awesome,out of this world,fiction brought to life:just the way I like it
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Cherylrsh wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 14:39 A very interesting review. It is not something I had thought about, to produce a book from the viewpoint of poetry building from one poem to the next. An interesting concept. Undecided at this time whether I will give it a go but your review certainly urges me to do so.
Thank you. I really enjoyed the step by step progression of the book.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Shivon wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 17:27 The content is awesome,out of this world,fiction brought to life:just the way I like it
If the content appeals to you, I promise that you will not be disappointed.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book so thoroughly. Seems like a really interesting way to tell a story by using poetry that builds on its self. Nice review!
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

CommMayo wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 14:45 I'm glad you enjoyed this book so thoroughly. Seems like a really interesting way to tell a story by using poetry that builds on its self. Nice review!
Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks for stopping by.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”