Official Review: Dialogue by J.K. Pascall

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Official Review: Dialogue by J.K. Pascall

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dialogue" by J.K. Pascall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Did you experience listening to a song then tears start to cloud your eyes? This book will bring you more tears. Dialogue by J.K. Pascall is a compilation of his excellent poems. This book is a sequel to his book entitled, Living Through 2016 – Beyond Fiction. I did not have the opportunity to read the first book but I still find this book relatable and I consider myself lucky to write a review about it.

Pascall clustered his poems into three themes. The first theme which is entitled "Me" is about him. It composes 13 poems. The reader will find his or her life written in one or more of the poems. For example, the poem entitled “Hiding” talks about me. I found myself reading about me because I lack self-confidence and sometimes my enemy is my inner self. His question, “what makes me act like me” provoked me because this philosophical question is the very question I ask myself every day.

The second theme is about how he sees others. It has 11 poems which touch the issues on the long-term effect of subjugation, racism, discrimination, and cultural entropy caused by poachers. This theme invites the reader to look back in time and read between the lines of the poems. The last theme is about how he sees humanity. The following line from his poem, “Blind Ambition” captivated me: “An appetite for clarity, suggests maturity, to use knowledge, productively”. We all crave for knowledge but are we capable of acquiring it?

I love everything about this book because it used poetry in an awesome way. Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement and Pascall made it in his poems. It is also a means of the poet in communicating his different emotions to the target readers. Pascall sends his anger, frustration, and agony about the events in his own nation and to the world. He leads the readers to transcend and look beyond the facade of reality through his poems. The purpose of poetry is to strike the reader, or maybe more. It is a wording of the poet's own highest thoughts. Most of the lines of Pascall in this compilation of his poems are in the highest level of emotions.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is a rich source of philosophical thoughts and it is informative. I recommend this for the adults and young minds. This is also useful to those who are aspiring to become poets. This also serves as an inspiration for those who belong to the social sciences, philosophy, and literature. The reader must not read this book in a single sitting because the reader needs to dissect each poem. Each poem is set to send a message. Reading the poems in a single sitting could lead to misunderstanding.

Dialogue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Donnavila Marie01's review? Post a comment saying so!
Esther Tuikong
Currently Reading: Jule Reigh and the Jim Stone Affair
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Esther Tuikong »

I like the book's title and and love what the book is all about.Did the author say"Dialogue?"This book has been written from specific to general first he begins in the 1st persona 'me' telling us all about himself which relates to each ones lives,2nd persona you or them, the perspective about others from his angle of view and finally a review of all the humanity.The author deserves a four star for his compassion,love for knowledge and all the commitments.
Donnavila Marie01

Esther Tuikong wrote:I like the book's title and and love what the book is all about.Did the author say"Dialogue?"This book has been written from specific to general first he begins in the 1st persona 'me' telling us all about himself which relates to each ones lives,2nd persona you or them, the perspective about others from his angle of view and finally a review of all the humanity.The author deserves a four star for his compassion,love for knowledge and all the commitments.
I agree. He is such a gifted author. He is a post-modern philosopher. I also admire his style. Philosophy and poetry rolled into one are amazing.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Amazing review. I'll surely add it to my list. I'm interested to know what the author says about himself.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I haven't read any poetry in quite a while. I probably should try it again. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
AriyoJam
Currently Reading: Green Mansions
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by AriyoJam »

Not quite a fan of poetry but my friend loves poetry and I find it interesting how she takes out her feelings and puts them in a paper.
Donnavila Marie01

Mercy Bolo wrote:Amazing review. I'll surely add it to my list. I'm interested to know what the author says about himself.
Thanks. If you love history and philosophy, you will surely love this one.

-- 04 Sep 2017, 18:41 --
kandscreeley wrote:I haven't read any poetry in quite a while. I probably should try it again. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much.
Yup. Please consider this book. It will awaken your emotions.

-- 04 Sep 2017, 18:43 --
AriyoJam wrote:Not quite a fan of poetry but my friend loves poetry and I find it interesting how she takes out her feelings and puts them in a paper.
This is what I admire about poets. They can transform any emotion into a piece of art.
Ynahreyes
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Ynahreyes »

Thanks the beautiful story. So enteristed our people thier get an emotional feelings like an poem.
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

Very good review. I was interested in this 1) because I love poetry and 2) because I'm waiting for the code so I can review Living Through 2016. Thanks for a great review. This really gave me food for thought. I'm looking forward to reading both books.
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review. I am now interested in checking this book out. I enjoy a good daily poem to give me perspective

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”