Review of Just my Thoughts and Ideas

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Wendy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Just my Thoughts and Ideas

Post by Joy Wendy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Just my Thoughts and Ideas" by PJ Victor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Just my Thoughts and Ideas is a book of poems written by P.J. Victor. The collection of poems is organized into thirteen chapters. Most of the poems are themed around love, friends, and family. It depicts the writer's persona—a family man who enjoys quality relationships. In the book, the writer expresses his thoughts at different moments of his life. The poems were written at the instant those events happened. You can feel the raw emotions attached to every line.

In the first chapter, the author raises thought-provoking issues. One of those issues is how to distinguish friends from acquaintances. He opined that friends are those who stick around even when all the chips are down. He went on to relay his thoughts about the subject of soulmates. Unlike the general worldview, the writer seemed to have a unique view on the issue of soul mates. Several other poems hinted at the author’s love life. He expressed his experiences on his journey of love. The highs and lows were fully accounted for. The reader will find this poetic journey through the author’s world an adventurous one.

One of my favorite poems was Cupid’s Arrow. The poem highlights the sad reality of relationships. You never know where the relationship will end from the beginning. Our best bet is to open our hearts and hope that we do not regret it at the end of the day. I also enjoyed the poems on spirituality and relationships with God. The author presented faith and spirituality as a means to free ourselves from the shackles of past hurt.

The author’s poetry style was commendable. I enjoy rhyming poems. The author used rhyming words quite often. This contributed to making my reading experience pleasant. I also appreciated how the writer floated words effortlessly. It showed how good he is with words. I did not notice any errors, so I would say the book was professionally edited.

However, I disliked some aspects of this book. I thought some of the poems were random. It was difficult to get the message the author was passing. I understand the poems were written at different times, but the book could have been better organized and more sequential.

I rate this book four out of five stars. I deducted a star because of the dislike above. Generally, I enjoyed reading the poems, as the author displayed poetry at its finest. I recommend this book to lovers of poetry, especially those who resonate with poems on romantic, platonic, and family relationships.

Just my Thoughts and Ideas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”