Official Review: Human Nature The Sterling The Fallacious...

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Official Review: Human Nature The Sterling The Fallacious...

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Human Nature The Sterling The Fallacious The Hideous" by Salvador DeLaRosa.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Human Nature, The Sterling, The Fallacious, The Hideous is a collection of poetic articles, cultural and political poems. It is written by Salvador DeLaRosa. His friend , Edward J. Kruck, played an important role in encouraging and inspiring him to write and publish his compilation. Alone,  the novel's title is too alluring to attract the readers. The writer's choice for the title of each and every poem and article is wonderful. My favorite one is 'One Soul, Once Palace, One Conscious'.

It won't be possible to summarize the whole book because it is a collection of pieces rather than one single piece of writing but what I admire the most is that although it comprises of different pieces, you can still look at it as a single chart consisting of meaningful lessons.Furthermore, it has 30 poems. Each poem in this book has its own significance and is worth reading.

What I loved the most about this novel is that deep down in every poem, there's a lesson to learn. The first one is 'The color of suits' which is about discrimination on basis of color and the lesson which it delivered is that we all should cross that line which stops us from merging into others merely based upon the factors like color,culture and society . Moreover, the writer seems very interested in political issues and his articles said so much about court, laws and leaders. I liked how he pushed his readers to open their eyes and realize what is right and wrong in our perspectives , society and in our politics. My favourite article from this novel is 'One Soul, One Palace, One Conscious' which affected me in a very positive manner. It said that we wish for love desperately and when we get it , we spend the rest of our lives challenging it, thus disallowing the growth of its wonder.

One negative point about this novel is that I had to read every poem and article twice to understand what it says. That somehow irritated me .Moreover, the writer selected so many difficult words that were difficult to understand . Being honest, I have never read any poetry before and this one was my first experience and I didn't enjoy it. On the contrary, I can't deny that it raised awareness about a lot of topics like politics, society and our personal lives. I didn't find any grammatical errors and I am impressed by that fact.

Overall, I must admire the writer's thinking and his writing style. I have never read any book before which is a compilation of so many lessons under a single book cover. I am  impressed by that too.I would rate it 3 out of 4 because as I mentioned that I had to read every page twice to understand what it says, and the selection of words made it very difficult to understand and to continue to read. Being honest, I do not have much interest in poetry so I didn't like this novel that much but those who are interested in poetry are definitely going to love this novel. I would definitely recommend it to those who want to learn lessons from it.

Human Nature The Sterling The Fallacious The Hideous
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Darakhshan Nazir's review? Post a comment saying so!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

Nice review, Nazir. Those who love poetry will certainly love this one. It's amazing to come across poetry that dwells on more concrete themes. I'm not the political-political poetry person so I'll skip this one.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

I was also attracted by the title of the novel but disappointed to hear it was poetry. I like poetry especially when the intended meaning is written down as a side note, it makes it more interesting to unravel its meaning, like a puzzle. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

The review is good. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the review!
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I haven't read any poetry in a long time. I probably should try it again. It never really was my favorite, but that was when I was in school. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I love poetry and totally wouldn't mind expanding my vocabulary, sounds like just the book for me!
Darakhshan Nazir

Thank you so much for your time ????
I can't deny that I learned a lot from this book
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Wow, powerful message that is carried by your favourite article. Sounds thought provoking!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

Nice review Nazir. I haven't reaf much poetry, but of recent i've been searching for books that habe more than just a story to tell. Maybe i'll try it. And thank you again for a great review.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Darakhshan Nazir

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Wow, powerful message that is carried by your favourite article. Sounds thought provoking!
yesss I loved that message ??

-- 09 Aug 2017, 11:56 --
Excitedreads wrote:Nice review Nazir. I haven't reaf much poetry, but of recent i've been searching for books that habe more than just a story to tell. Maybe i'll try it. And thank you again for a great review.
I hope you'll find it worth reading
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This is a very honest review, Darakhshan Nazir. I like the way you described your reading experience. The title itself is already a preview to the challenging words found in the pages. The book seems intended to exercise both the mind and the heart.
Darakhshan Nazir

Miriam Molina wrote:This is a very honest review, Darakhshan Nazir. I like the way you described your reading experience. The title itself is already a preview to the challenging words found in the pages. The book seems intended to exercise both the mind and the heart.
Thank you ??
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I hope this hasn't put you off reading anymore poetry. It was good of you to write a nice review based on the book and your experience reading it. I probably won't be reading this one as it sounds a bit of a struggle having to read everything over twice.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Poetry often requires repeated readings to get the hidden meanings. If you give more poetry a try, you'll see what I mean. Thank you for your insightful review.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Darakhshan Nazir

Gingerbo0ks wrote:I hope this hasn't put you off reading anymore poetry. It was good of you to write a nice review based on the book and your experience reading it. I probably won't be reading this one as it sounds a bit of a struggle having to read everything over twice.
I am not sure about will I be reading anymore poetry or not but yes I had to read twice which irritated me

-- 10 Aug 2017, 12:18 --
CatInTheHat wrote:Poetry often requires repeated readings to get the hidden meanings. If you give more poetry a try, you'll see what I mean. Thank you for your insightful review.
I think I should read more poett to understand what you just said??

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”