Siamese Compassion: Book Review

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Siamese Compassion: Book Review

Post by dhwanis »

This is a short anthology of poems. The poems are in such an easy language, and yet provide such profound thoughts that one finds themselves immersed in the world of the poet’s creation. I especially enjoyed references to other literature (Like Sylvia Path and Freud in the poem Stockholm Syndrome) that have been mentioned, for me, it made reading the poems all the more enjoyable.

The topics that the author has chosen are quite random, which helps keeps the freshness of the book. When you finish reading one poem, you do not know what will come in front of you next. The way that the poems have been written, the reader finds themselves relating to the words.

Some of the poems that I enjoyed the most was “Practicum in Empathy”. I found its last lines quite profound:

Heck, I claim to empathize with the world

And I do not know the first thing on acidity.
I had only two issues with the poems was the use of “n” instead of “and” in multiple places and lack of punctuations like comma and full stop. I would like to state here that these in no way diminishes the quality of the poems, but I feel had these been added, it would have improved the overall flow.

On the whole, I rate this anthology a perfect 4 out of 4 and would recommend it to anyone who likes reading poetry that reflects deep thoughts.
beatriceanyango
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by beatriceanyango »

wow what a touching poetry thought.i like the creativity.

-- 18 Jul 2017, 14:24 --

wow what a touching poetry thought.i like the creativity.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I am not interested in poetry though , but your review seems strong enough to push me to rwad this novel . veey nice review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”