Official Review: God Is The Dance by Nina Crinis

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Official Review: God Is The Dance by Nina Crinis

Post by csimmons032 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God Is The Dance" by Nina Crinis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

God is the Dance is written by Nina Crinis. This book of poetry describes Nina's journey through the struggle of having her son go missing at the age of nineteen in 2002, and how the struggle brought her closer to God. She wrote down her pain, emotions, and conversations with God into poetry over the course of many years. Those poems were used in this book in order to inspire and encourage others.

I was very impressed at how the author was able to talk about the loss of her son so easily and actually express how it has felt for so many years to now know if her son is alive or not through poetry. It is so obvious how much comfort she has received from God through her struggles, and her love for God and her son shines through every page of this book. It was a great reminder of how we all problems sometimes, and we all deal with them in our own ways.

I was really reluctant to pick up this book because I am not a huge fan of poetry. I have never been able to understand it very well for some reason, but each of these poems were simplistic and straight to the point. I did not have a difficult time understand these poems, and honestly they are some of the most beautiful poems I have ever read. What I enjoyed most is that even though she discusses a terrible time in her life, she did not make her poems depressing in any way. Her situation is of course very sad, but her poems have an encouraging and uplifting tone to them. She uses her experiences to try and reach others and comfort them.

While this is obviously a Christian based book, I think it is a good book for people who are not Christians as well. I cannot even begin to know what it feels like to have one of my children be a missing person, but I was able to relate to these poems. My struggle was being sick for many years. I felt like I was slowly breaking inside and, similar to Nina, God kept me going and helped me through everything. No matter how difficult things got for me or how badly I felt, I knew that God was there and would never leave me. These poems described everything I have felt perfectly, to the point I actually cried while reading some of them, and also the relationship I have had with God. We all have had struggles, no matter how big or small, and I believe this book will be a great comfort to anyone who reads it.

There were maybe a couple of misplaced words, but there was no major grammatical errors. I actually cannot think of anything wrong with this book. I enjoyed every moment of reading this book, and I look forward to reading more of her work. This is the first book of poetry that I have truly enjoyed and would easily read again.

I give God is the Dance by Nina Crinis 4 out of 4 stars. For all of the reasons mentioned above, I decided to give this book the highest score. The book is easy to relate to, encouraging, inspiring, and comforting. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people who are going through a difficult time in the present.

God Is The Dance
View: on Bookshelves

Like csimmons032's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a pretty good book. I myself am not a big fan of poetry either. It requires too much effort to figure out, this seems like it actually is fairly straightforward. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I love that this is a Christian poetry book. I also like how you don't have to be a Christian to enjoy it. This sounds like a poetry book that may be interesting to read.

Great Review! ❤
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
khusnick
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khusnick.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by khusnick »

While I think it would be interesting to read about how she dealt with losing her son like that, I don't think I could get into the religious aspect of the book.
walter7
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter7.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by walter7 »

I know it is hard loosing a child but it is good she went through with her faith in God...nice review
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”