Official Review: Light up your soul by Julie clark

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cjgarland89
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjgarland89.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Official Review: Light up your soul by Julie clark

Post by Cjgarland89 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Light up your soul" by Julie clark.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry can be something that can be a great outlet for individuals to learn about themselves or an opportunity to teach others about something. Light up Your Soul by Julia Clark is one of these types of poetry compilations. The author is very passionate about her relationship with God, and wants to be able to portray that relationship in her poetry. The author does a good job demonstrating her passion and conveying the relationship she has with God.

Light up your Soul begins with a Testimonial about the author from an assumed friend named George. The book is then broken down into 4 sections, each having a different theme; Prayer, God’s Promises, Praise and Worship and Parables and Long Story Poems. The way the author has broken the poems down into sections leaves a good stopping point for the reader if they do not want to digest everything at once. Or even if perhaps they want to read a particular topic of poems, they can go directly to that section.

The content of the poems is average, and fairly basic. Sections 1-3 contain fairly short poems that follow similar patterns, and section 4 contains the longer poems that read a bit like stories. Being a poetry book it is a quick read, and something that either a seasoned Christian, or someone new to their relationship with God could possibly relate to.

However, my opinion of the book itself is that it could be better. It is clear that the author is passionate about her work, but needs additional resources to create a much better organized piece of literature for reading. From the start there were numerous errors within the book. The testimonial had several punctuation errors, and a “by” instead of “my” in paragraph 3. I also thought it odd that the testimonial was before the actual table of contents.

The table of contents was not well organized, there weren’t page numbers, and the formatting was a bit overwhelming. As the book went on into the poems sections there were an overwhelming number of punctuation and capitalization errors. It is clear that this was not a professionally edited book, and I would highly suggest the author get this edited and then submit for a better review. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars; this rating is given mostly due to the overwhelming number of errors. The content is as described, but the formatting needs to be improved and professionally edited.

Light up your soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cjgarland89's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like an interesting book. I'm not much into poetry. Hopefully the author can get some editing done and make this really good. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I love poetry books and I hope the author gets this book professionally edited. It sounds like it's a good book for Christian readers.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Great review! It sounds like a compilation that would be great for Christian readers. Hopefully the author can get her poems edited.
Dayang Siti Zuraida
Currently Reading: Superhighway 2
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Dayang Siti Zuraida »

Even though im not a Christian, but every religions teach us a good way how to be a better person.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

This sounds like my cup of tea. A short read, poetry and the Christian Faith is awesome to me.
walter7
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter7.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by walter7 »

Great review the author broke down the story into interesting sections what a nice idea
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Thanks for your genuine review. I appreciate it :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Thank you for your honest review . I really liked your review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
jacklinedaniels
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jacklinedaniels »

love your honesty
though am not poetic but i think that the author wanted to help those who are starting their journey with God to the point that they forgot to edit the book correctly

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”