Perfect For Him By Suzanne Jenkins

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Perfect For Him By Suzanne Jenkins

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE PERFECT FOR HIM BY SUZANNE JENKINS:

Perfect For Him will touch your heart. Harley Jones' and her husband, Jason, work at the same hospital, have 4 beautiful daughters, and a wonderful marriage with deep love. When Jason finds a lump in Harley's breast neither expected what they got. A diagnose of the most aggressive form of cancer. Determined to insure her husband and girls receive support, love and guidance after her death, Harley sets out on an unconventional course to find her perfect replacement. Do not be put off by the cover, this not an erotic or explicit book.

When, Bea, her best friend and sister-in-law suggest joining a dating site, posing as Jason, Harley grabs the idea. Finding the perfect wife and mother search begins. A story of unconditional love and unselfishness, the reader will remember this novel long after its read and set aside. My novel review for Perfect For Him, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

I am not sure how to classified Perfect For Him ; is it a romance story of a deep and abiding love between Jason, Harley and their daughters? As well as, a story of emotional upheaval, grief, self-image, family dynamics, betrayal, and acceptance. I found a deep story, characters driven with the many personalities which make a family. Jenkins skillfully shows how terminal illness impacts not only the immediate family but all within the circle of friends. I can not say enough about this book. Well-written, character driven, you will not want to miss this story.

Harley's character empathized what each of us wish we could be; a strong supportive mother and a loving wife. Wise beyond her years, she encourages each of her daughters to be themselves; from baby Devon to unusual and unique Tina. Her family's the center of her world. As a result, the thought of leaving them without the anchor of a loving mother and partner, sets her on course of positive action. Harley, fights cancer with all her strength; her daughters, husband, and family standing firmly beside her. I came to understand the depth to which cancer ravishes not only the victim but family and friends. However, I also came to understand what we leave behind can be precious and fantastic.

Family dynamics and human nature play a large part in this wonderful novel. Although, crisis seems to bring out the worse in all of us, in Perfect For Him, Jason's brother, Dave, is at his worse. Seen as insecure, immature, and unsure what he wants in life, Dave blames everyone except himself for his failures. I wanted to shake him silly. Then add the villainess, Tiffany, on the hunt for a husband, seeing an opportunity in Jason, ramps up her tactics. What characters Jenkins included in this book!

As the diagnoses become more and more terrifying, Harley finds the threat of Tiffany unbearable; Tiffany increases her campaign of seduction. All marriages go through indescribable stress with highs and lows during a crisis, this marriage is no different. Finding the perfect mate's not as easy as first thought by Harley and her best friend, Bea. Will she find the perfect mate for Jason and the mother her daughters need and deserve?

In concluding my review of Perfect For Her, I found a solid well-written heart wrenching story of family, love, and un-selfishness. With a plot which never slowed, I found the story-line progressing smooth and steady; Jenkins hooked me from the first pages. Jenkins' characters are believable and realistic with secondary characters which were critical to the plot. I did not cry until the last half of the book, however, from that point I found this a 2 Kleenex box book. Tears poured down my face as I read this wonderful story of a mothers and wife's love; does it have a happy ending, you will have to buy the book to find out.

Furthermore, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. This is a story I will revisit again and again, therefore, it has a permanent place on my keeper shelf.

PERFECT FOR HIM RECOMMENDATION: STARS 5

Additionally, I found this novel deserved no less than 5 stars. Suitable for anyone who enjoys an emotional story-line.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

In addition, I purchased this book and chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest reviews for contemporary novel, Perfect For Him. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Also, no one influenced my voluntary reviews for contemporary novel, Perfect For Him.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

This sounds very intriguing. I like stories that involve family dynamics. I'm guessing that five stars is full stars. Here at OBC, the highest star is a 4 so I recommend that you try to make your scoring system a little more clear. Like maybe say 4/5 stars when it is four stars.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

You are correct. I give so few 5 stars I didn't think about the fact onlinebookclub uses a 4 star system. I should have clarified it as a 4/5 or a 4 only.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”