Forever Is The Worst Long Time by Camille Pagán

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Forever Is The Worst Long Time by Camille Pagán

Post by cherrykarl »

"This story ends with loss".

When you read a bunch of romance novels getting the same hype, characters, plot, ending and so forth, and read a book that was entirely different from what you were used to, you started to appreciate (which is an understatement by the way) the minds behind these great novelas. As clever and brilliant as it is, Forever is the Worst Long Time was one of those where the story was carefully thought, created in such a way the result was nothing but absolute perfection! An art, a masterpiece !

Was it really love? This is a story between three people, Rob, Lou and James, who's lives intertwined by one life choice that changed everything. Complicated by love, the reality of its course, the implications and foundation or lack thereof. Could they learn to live by their choices? Could anybody really move forward?

"In truth, it was a series of choices that snowballed into a much bigger decision, which then became an outcome that none of us saw coming.”

I was drawn to it, opening myself in a much bigger perspective. A sense of understanding that life was always never been about rainbows and unicorns. It was mainly an outcome of the series of choices we made not just how you want to live by it but how you stand for it and never gives up. It is not my typical go-to read, using my imagination to fully create a picture of what was going on in the story. Because this book was so real you never have to think. Camille Pagán made me felt like it's my own, putting my mind, heart and soul to these great characters. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't even felt like a fiction! This book gave me the chills and broke my heart all at the same time. A great portrayal that in every loss, there is hope and in hope there is love to keep you from going even in the midst of life's adversities.

“Because there's no such thing as life without heartbreak.”

I honestly couldn't sum up my feelings in to this. As invested as I am, sometimes the best books were the once that I find hard to come up with a much better review. Not because they were not good but for the same reason that they were too good! I can envision a film adapted from this and just thinking about it made me really excited!
Rowmarie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rowmarie »

:( :eusa-think: Forever? Yes it is really the worst thing to wait because sometimes it doesn't come but hope is forever. We always hope that forever will come.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by cherrykarl »

Rowmarie wrote::( :eusa-think: Forever? Yes it is really the worst thing to wait because sometimes it doesn't come but hope is forever. We always hope that forever will come.
Yea. Sure it is. Believe me when I say Forever comes to those who wait no matter who, what or when it is. And when it comes to love: it is patient, it is kind and it hopes no matter what.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Owonikoko Olushola
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owonikoko-olushola.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Owonikoko Olushola »

Love and heartbreak, for how long is forever? How many years does it take? A time you can't know when it ends, a time you don't know how long it'll be, but just for love, trust, hatred you still believe it exists and hoping it'll come someday.
cherrykarl
Currently Reading:

Post by cherrykarl »

Owonikoko Olushola wrote:Love and heartbreak, for how long is forever? How many years does it take? A time you can't know when it ends, a time you don't know how long it'll be, but just for love, trust, hatred you still believe it exists and hoping it'll come someday.
For as long as it takes I think. For as long as there's hope and for as long as you believe in love. That's enough for trusting that there's indeed a forever.
babs kelvin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by babs kelvin »

"Forever" to me.. it's what that is created to be there there no matter what and no matter what come may either a heartbreak or otherwise...

The writer really tried enough putting it out "But it would have been the best if the writer can really describe how smoothly forever kickstart sweetened before going sour and became a mark not forgotten...
cherrykarl
Currently Reading:

Post by cherrykarl »

babs kelvin wrote:"Forever" to me.. it's what that is created to be there there no matter what and no matter what come may either a heartbreak or otherwise...

The writer really tried enough putting it out "But it would have been the best if the writer can really describe how smoothly forever kickstart sweetened before going sour and became a mark not forgotten...
I totally agree but the ending for me was spectacular in a sense that we always acknowledge and associate love or forever with the opposite sex. I didn't gave much spoiler for the book to be some sort of a kicker. It's really for the readers to decide.:-)

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”