Official Review: Between the Lines There Lies a Story of Me

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Re: Official Review: Between the Lines There Lies a Story of

Post by ebeth »

Thanks for the great review, sounds interesting
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Wonderful review! It was a great look into the book. I'm not sure I wouod read it though. Poetry has never been a strong suit of mine.
Majikalone
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 552">It</a>
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majikalone.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Majikalone »

Between The Lines There Lies A story Of Me is a lovely and meaningful journey of the young Sabaine's life, and one that must be read and experienced for oneself in order to be understood and enjoyed. Your thoughtful and comprehensive review explains each step of her journey in detail, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for a lovely review!!!
Esies98
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esies98.html

Post by Esies98 »

Thank you for this review. I ve always enjoyed reading the emotions of a person through the poetry he writes, is always interestant.
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

This was a great review. I really enjoyed reading the first poem of this book. I appreciate your ideas about how the rest of the book pans out. I don't like reading in particular, but I found myself enjoying the dismal feeling of this first poem. Thank you for the warning about the fact that not all of the poems are along the same lines. I would have been disappointed if I got into the the book and then discovered that they were not all poems that I would enjoy.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
King_Leonidas
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 685">Ready Player One</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by King_Leonidas »

I'm new here but reading the review makes an additional criteria to my review also. By the way I really like your beautiful review about the book, well edited and proofread and congratulations to the author Godspeed.
King_Leonidas
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 685">Ready Player One</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by King_Leonidas »

I'm new here but reading the review makes an additional criteria to my review also. By the way I really like your beautiful review about the book, well edited and proofread and congratulations to the author Godspeed.
AT+rmarathon[16]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-at-rmarathon-16.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AT+rmarathon[16] »

thanks for a good review...I too loved the sample
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I absolutely loved your review - very well written and insightful. You did such a good job of giving constructive criticism while highlighting the things that made the book special. The collection seems so personal with the author's thoughts about her harsh home life and journey to self-acceptance. Although I didn't care for the long, rambling feel of the first poem, I have decided to give the book a second chance after reading your review. Well done!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Beth E Stevens
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Beth E Stevens »

I would say there was a lot of self introspection done on her part. she not only challenged herself with those thoughts but we the readers I think were challenged to reflect as well.
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

Poetry books are always difficult to review, and you did a great job with this one. Even though there was that one section that didn't seem to fit well with the rest, but I'm glad you were able to find another, more enjoyable section in the haiku.
sullwyn39
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sullwyn39 »

Awesome review!! I love memoirs but have not read one in this style before. I'm interested to see what her life threw at her... and what you were describing with the content changes and font change - interesting.. thanks for the great review! :)
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I cannot wait to read Between the Lines There Lies a Story of Me cover to cover. I like to read about poetry, so this book will touch me greatly being about a poet. I think it looks written very meticulously, and rate it high.
CDJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdj.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good

Post by CDJ »

Great review, it sounds like a great read for a young adult. I don't think I will be adding this to my reading list.
Witty_Read
Currently Reading: The New Annotated H.P. Lovecraft
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-witty-read.html

Post by Witty_Read »

Great review! This gives good insight into the book with strong visual words, pulling the skimming reader in without the paragraphs feeling monotonous in tone. I look forward to checking out Sabrina's poetry following your review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”