Official Review: The Poems of Robin R Rabii

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Re: Official Review: The Poems of Robin R Rabii

Post by Utpal K Khot »

People who love drama and poetry will surely love this one as it is of their genre. Congratulations on being the BOTD. Well Deserved.. :)
karolinka
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by karolinka »

These are definitely different poems that you would normally encounter, especially if they make you think about difficult subjects! The cover is also very pretty~
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like your review and the way in which the author uses metaphors to express difficult topics like the environment. I liked the author's use of parental love as a metaphor for war and the sacrifices that our soldiers make. I agree that a preface and an introduction can make the book seem more academic and it can become boring.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Vickey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vickey »

From the sample provided, the depth and determination to express himself makes this book seem like a worthy read. I love the differentiation by the post especially, of "thinking writing" and "feeling writing", it made me wonder which style describes my own poems but I probably fall under the thinking writer as I have a hard time not keeping rhymes and punctuation, but I do enjoy reading well written pieces of different natures. The down side though is the super-long introduction as mentioned in this review, I found myself day dreaming every so often between pages and wondering if it had started and I missed it, so that takes away from an otherwise great read.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

L_Therese, kudos for a very informative and interesting review. The collection seems to be calling me to connect to it. I also do poetry, albeit only for my intimate crowd. I am intrigued by the poet's style and choice of symbols. Too bad the sample didn't include any of the poetry.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Great review! It's interesting how the author captures such important themes and messages in poems.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
chrischuks
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by chrischuks »

fine! thank u for your review. I think from your review. poetry it has been a good source of passing a message across to the public. it can be done through different ways. reforms, tranformations, developments, innovative, or creativity. also the rhyme and styles make it more attractive to read.from the reviewer the peom was so intresting and can be recommend for everyone to read
mstates
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by mstates »

The book sounds great.seems like poems brings the strong emotions when it comes to love.good review aswell.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

I hate that it was long winded in the beginning, but I like the forward thinking aspect of the poems. Thank you for your review.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Poetry isn't normally my genre. However, based on the prologue, I was intrigued by the spiritual theme of human connections. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. It is interesting to have such a long introduction and preface that it took away the overall enjoyment of the book. I do like the fact that you considered mentioning the things that may not be likable to some readers and not necessarily be appropriate for younger readers.
Festus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festus.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Festus »

Reviewing poetic work is comparatively painstaking. Unlike other literary genres, the critic has multiple tasks of dissecting the underlined meanings which are often coded before making his/her submission, hence Theresa's effort must be applauded. It is noteworthy to appreciate the fact that poetry thrives on freedom to disobey writing conventions. That informs why comments on it like this one will only chart a new vista for seamless literary navigation.

-- 01 Jun 2017, 17:18 --

Reviewing poetic work is comparatively painstaking. Unlike other literary genres, the critic has multiple tasks of dissecting the underlined meanings which are often coded before making his/her submission, hence Theresa's effort must be applauded. It is noteworthy to appreciate the fact that poetic work thrives on freedom to disobey writing conventions. That informs why comments on it like this one will only chart a new vista for seamless literary navigation.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Your review was very helpful! It is difficult enough to read poetry and interpret its meaning, but then to give it a score...yikes! You did a fantastic job explaining your reasoning behind it! :-) Thank you so much!
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Nice review! I am excited to read the poems. I love poems because, like songs, they are a food to my soul. I read the introduction of the author and it appears to me that the author of this book is a reflective person and values relationships.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
g-cosentino
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by g-cosentino »

i agree with the reviewer that the introduction is too long and too wordy. "Ears of the heart" indeed. I believe in free expression. One is entitled to express one's creativity however and wherever one wants. But, and it's a big but, don't inflict it on all and sundry and expect to be liked.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”