Official Review: Drizzling Dreams by Mansi Tejpal

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
slmeeks
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slmeeks.html
Latest Review: "Drizzling Dreams" by Mansi Tejpal

Official Review: Drizzling Dreams by Mansi Tejpal

Post by slmeeks »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Drizzling Dreams" by Mansi Tejpal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Drizzling Dreams is a compilation of thirty poems written by 17-year-old Mansi Tejpal in India. Mansi has been writing poetry since eight yeas old and has been regularly published. In her writing she comes off as very well educated and intellectual. She has the entire world in her thoughts and found the perfect way to let her creativity spill out onto the paper.

Mansi Teipal writes with a maturity and poise well beyond her years. Drizzling Dreams is full of incredible word play and an intense vocabulary. I will admit, I had to get out the dictionary once or twice. Each line was written very articulately while still being easy to follow. Her poems are full of a wide range of emotions from dark and gritty to feeling the warm sunshine beaming down on her skin. Each line is vivid, powerful, memorable, and emotional. I am astounded that a girl so young can capture both the heart wrenching pain and immaculate beauty in this world, and for that I give Drizzling Dreams 4 out of 4 stars.

Drizzling Dreams is a short read at 68 pages on my Kindle, which took about two days. It was published in 2015 in Allahabad, India. Some of Mansi’s poems are playful and some are full of unease and heartbreak, but each one is as captivating as the last. She takes you on a journey through love, bliss, dreams, war, death, poverty, loneliness, and tragedy. There are stories about children all the way through the elderly.

I highly recommend Drizzling Dreams to any one who would like a quick and emotional read. The book is drama filled and fast paced. You go from feeling bliss, to pain and heartache, to melancholy, and then sadness. It is impeccable how the author captured so perfectly many generations that all want the same things such as peace, happiness, someone to love them, to feel wanted, and to find out who they really are. The poems are perfect for all ages with no mature content. Younger readers may not understand some wording, but it would make for a great vocabulary lesson.

Drizzling Dreams made me feel thankful. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it was nice to take some time to think about the real problems in the world. We are all just small specks in a giant universe. I am not usually one for poetry, but I am looking to expand my horizons and I am glad I did. Drizzling Dreams will soon be on my bookshelf so I can read it over and over.

Drizzling Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like slmeeks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Drizzling Dreams" by Mansi Tejpal
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Thank you for your review. Glad that you enjoyed the book. I don't read too much poetry but am looking for some good ones :D
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

The poems in this book must have been amazing for you to rate it 4 out of 4 stars! Adding it to my Want to Read shelf. Thank you for the great review!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”