Review of All That I Love

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 1382
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Review of All That I Love

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All That I Love" by Hina Yu Cao.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Drawings and poems are part of our lives, basically to express our emotions. Hina Yu Cao combined this together and called it "drawing poems," which were inspired by her day-to-day experiences with people, animals, or nature in her book entitled All That I Love. This book is a collection of 32 poems paired with a drawing.

Let's explore what's inside this unique book that belongs to the drama and poetry genres. First, the poem is expressed out of exploring the concept of nature, life or death, a song, or the loving care of our parents or other people that is very special to the author. Second, the drawings are the author's concept of illustrating her poems from the people she spent time with and the way she meditates about nature, like in the clouds, animals, or fruits. I enjoyed reading and deciphering her poems about the unknown and dragons. Third, the combination of the poem and drawings will greatly increase the reader's interest in the so-called "Drawing Poems." 

To my amazement, I'm very surprised by the author's drawing. I like and love the drawings. I even tried to draw it myself. Hina's drawings reminded me a lot of my own drawings that look similar to hers. The colors and strokes of her pen in every drawing she has made are stunningly beautiful. I am giving this book a 5 out of 5 stars rating because of the outstanding art illustration of emotions.

The style of the poems is unique, though the font style is the least thing I like. Overall, the poems and the drawings are very well connected. I don't see any errors or typos in this book, so I'm proud to say that All That I Love is exceptionally well edited.

I will recommend this book to those who love to read poetry books or to those who love abstract drawings. The book is easy to read and follows in less than a day.

All That I Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A retired moderator.

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Though I'm picky with poems, it seems that I will enjoy this unique "drawing poems"; it's new! I hope the poetic writing is easy to comprehend. Thanks for your wonderful review, Jeremie!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 1382
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 30 Aug 2023, 19:50 Though I'm picky with poems, it seems that I will enjoy this unique "drawing poems"; it's new! I hope the poetic writing is easy to comprehend. Thanks for your wonderful review, Jeremie!
Hi, Hazel,

I hope you will enjoy reading this book. Give it a try. Thank you.
A retired moderator.

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
MercyNdungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercyndungu.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MercyNdungu »

Jeremie Mondejar wrote: 25 Aug 2023, 02:45 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All That I Love" by Hina Yu Cao.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Drawings and poems are part of our lives, basically to express our emotions. Hina Yu Cao combined this together and called it "drawing poems," which were inspired by her day-to-day experiences with people, animals, or nature in her book entitled All That I Love. This book is a collection of 32 poems paired with a drawing.

Let's explore what's inside this unique book that belongs to the drama and poetry genres. First, the poem is expressed out of exploring the concept of nature, life or death, a song, or the loving care of our parents or other people that is very special to the author. Second, the drawings are the author's concept of illustrating her poems from the people she spent time with and the way she meditates about nature, like in the clouds, animals, or fruits. I enjoyed reading and deciphering her poems about the unknown and dragons. Third, the combination of the poem and drawings will greatly increase the reader's interest in the so-called "Drawing Poems." 

To my amazement, I'm very surprised by the author's drawing. I like and love the drawings. I even tried to draw it myself. Hina's drawings reminded me a lot of my own drawings that look similar to hers. The colors and strokes of her pen in every drawing she has made are stunningly beautiful. I am giving this book a 5 out of 5 stars rating because of the outstanding art illustration of emotions.

The style of the poems is unique, though the font style is the least thing I like. Overall, the poems and the drawings are very well connected. I don't see any errors or typos in this book, so I'm proud to say that All That I Love is exceptionally well edited.

I will recommend this book to those who love to read poetry books or to those who love abstract drawings. The book is easy to read and follows in less than a day.

All That I Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic and insightful review of "All That I Love" by Hina Yu Cao. Your review provides a clear understanding of what makes this book unique and enjoyable.

It's evident that you appreciate the combination of drawings and poems in the book and how they are inspired by the author's day-to-day experiences. Your description of the process, from the inspiration behind the poems to the author's concept for illustrating them, offers readers a glimpse into the creative journey.Thank you for sharing your insights and your enthusiasm for "All That I Love." Your review offers a compelling glimpse into the book's artistic and emotional depth.
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

I'm genuinely grateful for your review; it's a heartfelt ode to the book and an invaluable contribution to literature.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”