Review of Razor Smile Humorous Poetry for Adults

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Razor Smile Humorous Poetry for Adults

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Razor Smile Humorous Poetry for Adults" by Alan Joynson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Razor Smile: Humorous Poetry for Adults is a book by Alan Joynson. The author, Alan Joynson, sees the satire in life and created this book. The purpose of this book was to spread cheer, laughter, and happiness to people of all ages, as he saw the need to do this. This funniness is what the author shared with readers in a series of well-written, upbeat collections of poems, prose, song parodies, and daring comedy. These collections are intended to cater mostly to adults. Razor Smile: Humorous Poetry for Adults begins with a series of poems that children could read. However, as we read further, we see sections that are unsuitable for younger readers and suitable for adults. Some of the poems include Stinginthtale, Crank Designs, Crematakeyboard, Heavenset, Hair Today, and Dodgeredo, among others.

I love how each poem and piece of prose begins and ends shortly like a story while giving me something to chuckle about after reading. I liked that the words were written in large, easy-to-read print. It was pleasing to discover that the poem was an easy read with a fluid flow and that there weren't any ambiguities that might have made readers confused with any part. I liked the pictures that accompanied the poems. Because of this feature, I was able to visualize the scenes. Additionally, I found it perfect that the book wasn't written with a serious tone. The tone used was a carefree one, and as such, the narrative was easier to absorb.

One of the sections of the book that I liked was the one named "Short Notes on Pets that Can Perform Simple Household Tasks." This left me wondering how pleasant it would be if our pets had the capability of helping us out with household chores. Indeed, it would be a delightful scene, as they use their delicate paws. Another poem that fascinated me was the one titled "Harvest Song." The words in the song were pacifying, as they talked about the delight that comes with harvesting our matured plants. 

I didn't note any parts of this captivating book that upset me. My attention remained on the narrative from the first page to the concluding part of the book. I will rate it five out of five stars because it accomplished its goal of being a humorous book while also being excellently written. I saw no errors, which indicates outstanding editing.

I recommend this book to adult readers who are lovers of comedy. It is also a must-read for lovers of poetry, as it shows the fun side of poetry.

Razor Smile Humorous Poetry for Adults
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Your review is amazingly witty, captivating, and creative. I also found it humorous by your favorite poem. It would be a treat if pets could help with household chores. I enjoyed reading your review. Excellent work!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”