Poetry book recommendation

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
StaceyDimes
Currently Reading: Private L.A.
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceydimes.html

Poetry book recommendation

Post by StaceyDimes »

Does anyone have any recommendations for a more recently written poetry book?
I love poetry - reading and writing it and would love to hear of any new up and coming poets.
My new favorite up and coming is currently Christopher Poindexter. I was curious if there were any others out there now.
Gjacks
Favorite Author: Walt Whitman
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gjacks.html
Reading Device: B00DVFLJDS
fav_author_id: 4925

Post by Gjacks »

I have a poetry book recommendation. The book is called Dear Lover and it was written by a friend of mine, Lori Nelson. It came out last year. It's currently on Amazon and I really enjoyed it. :)
StaceyDimes
Currently Reading: Private L.A.
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceydimes.html

Post by StaceyDimes »

Thank you so much. I will check it out!
CCtheBrave
Favorite Author: Jorge Luis Borges
Currently Reading: Under Wildwood
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccthebrave.html
Latest Review: "Wild Ozark Nature Journal" by Madison Woods
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2819

Post by CCtheBrave »

If you enjoy political poetry, or work that challenges your preconceptions, try Thomas Sayers Ellis, he's one of my favorites. Gary Snyder is still writing amazing poetry, as well
read well and write bravely
Latest Review: "Wild Ozark Nature Journal" by Madison Woods
BreaBriee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BreaBriee »

You absolutely need to look up Robert M. Drake his books are on Amazon and Etsy. I'm fairly positive you'll fall in love with the words on the page. I sure did!
gemsbooknook
Currently Reading: Les Miserables
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemsbooknook.html

Post by gemsbooknook »

FADE OUT, smile by Casey Kiser.

This book is a collection of dark, weird and extremely quirky poems. Casey's in your face writing style really draws you in, leaving you wanting more. I was sad to come to the end of this book.

FADE OUT, smile was a quick read. The 32 poems are roughly a page each in length. The length and speed of the poems does not take away from the creativity on display. In fact it may even enhance the emotional pull that this collection of poems has on the reader.

Casey's writing is simple and easy to read which helps you just get lost in the poetry itself, rather than getting tangled up in a complicated writing style.

Casey's bold writing, darker, yet sometimes more realistic view of life, leaves you wondering about the things left unsaid. This book will not be to everybody's taste. The poems do contain swearing and other adult themes.

Casey Renee Kiser is a very talented writer and obviously very creative. I cannot wait to read more of her work.
Katie Birch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katie Birch »

gemsbooknook wrote:FADE OUT, smile by Casey Kiser.

This book is a collection of dark, weird and extremely quirky poems. Casey's in your face writing style really draws you in, leaving you wanting more. I was sad to come to the end of this book.

FADE OUT, smile was a quick read. The 32 poems are roughly a page each in length. The length and speed of the poems does not take away from the creativity on display. In fact it may even enhance the emotional pull that this collection of poems has on the reader.

Casey's writing is simple and easy to read which helps you just get lost in the poetry itself, rather than getting tangled up in a complicated writing style.

Casey's bold writing, darker, yet sometimes more realistic view of life, leaves you wondering about the things left unsaid. This book will not be to everybody's taste. The poems do contain swearing and other adult themes.

Casey Renee Kiser is a very talented writer and obviously very creative. I cannot wait to read more of her work.
I love poetry! Your recommendations are amazing! Thanks:)
Casper Reaves
Currently Reading: Lean In
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casper-reaves.html

Post by Casper Reaves »

"The People Look Like Flowers At Last" by Charles Bukowski is good.
Redcraze
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Redcraze »

My favourite contemporary poet is Les Murray. He's very prolific and his work is readily available. Let me know if you like his stuff.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”