Review of Everglades Sunrise II

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Everglades Sunrise II

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Everglades Sunrise II" by Lisabeth Reynolds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everglades Sunrise II is a collection of poetry written by Lisabeth Reynolds. The photographs in the book are provided by Carol Anne Ances and Ilene Sokol. The poetry and photographs are based on nature. There are poems about butterflies, birds, and other wildlife. The pictures go beautifully with the poems and are generally showing the reader what the poems are about. The poems give further educational details.

The Florida Everglades inspired the poetry and pictures in this book. Each page contains a beautiful image of an animal or plant found in the Everglades with a poem detailing what it is. The book allows the reader to experience the Everglades without ever having to see foot there. Each page provides additional information on the creatures found in the area. It also gives back to the Florida Everglades by providing a donation to the protection of this area.

I believe this book is suited for all ages. Parents and grandparents can read it to younger children. There is even a section at the end to provide ideas for reading it to and with younger children. I feel anyone interested in nature would enjoy this book as would anyone who likes poetry. For those not into poetry, it would be one they might want to skip.

I enjoyed reading Everglades Sunrise II. I feel like the photographs complement the poetry perfectly. I like the aspect of knowing what nature looks like in the Florida Everglades through this book. I never knew there was such a thing as a grackle, but now I know it’s a pretty blue bird that sounds sassy and likes to hop. I found the author’s descriptions to be entertaining and interesting. I also liked how the author included a section on reading the book to children and grandchildren. I thought this was a unique bonus for the reader and allows grandparents to explore with their grandchildren. I also applaud the author for donating a portion of the sales to the Florida Everglades to help protect the area. Overall, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The author brought the words to life through the addition of photographs. I enjoyed connecting to nature through the poems and pictures. I would suggest reading this book to others and would enjoy reading others written by this author.

Everglades Sunrise II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:
MahimaS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by MahimaS »

It has been such a long time since I've read books with pictures in them, so I'll be happy to read this book.
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Great review. It’s fairly unusual to have images to go along with the poems but it sounds as though it works very well.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

This is nice, I mean the idea behind this work of poetry. It's like an adventure poetry, it is really intriguing. Nice review you got here.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”