Review of Collections

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Collections

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Collections" by Mercrutio Faust.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Collections: A Summary of Youth by Mercrutio Faust is an anthology that details what he went through while growing up. It explores his experience from high school to college. The book is divided into eight sections, each with a different number of poems. The sections depict the themes he wrote about. His experiences with love, the ladies, and everything in between are the most resounding themes. It also explores his regrets and everything he treasures: the times he played the hero, the times he was humiliated, and the times his goodness was taken for granted. Now, he is set to right the wrong. Follow him in this anthology to have a vivid peep into his youthful life.

I enjoyed reading this book and flowed well with each poem. The poem 'Average Students' discusses the average student's difficulties balancing their environment. The author describes the unusual feelings teenagers have when their body vitals are growing in 'Body.' I like how he described females in his poem 'Girl.' It is enticing and glorifying. 'Alone At The Party (It Ended Hours Ago') expresses his drunken feelings. This could be his experience with alcohol because he is just 'becoming'. The feelings are genuinely impressive and funny. 'Sex and Romance' truly expresses the naivety of a growing teenager. When he is first introduced to sex and romance, he is confused and tries to figure out what it all means. This is truly real.

'Internet' explores the irony of the internet and all its encompassing vices. It made me ask myself, Do people really care about you? It reminds me of a recent tweet I read: "RIP to those whose tweets we will never see again because they have died." Really? If people will not notice us on the internet after our death, why should we depend on them for validation?

I found nothing to dislike in this anthology. The author uses poetic devices accurately. He rarely uses rhymes, and I enjoyed every bit of the poems, except for some that I struggled to get what he was trying to say. Mercrutio Faust was able to take me along on the journey of his youth, and many times, I felt his emotions.

I found just one error, which made the book professionally edited. Therefore, I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to those who love to read poems. I will also recommend it to poets. I believe they will enjoy it.

Collections
View: on Bookshelves
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

This is a wonderful write up. Ibalso asked mys, why do we seek for the validation of the people we don't know? It baffles me.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

I love how this book is structured but the cover made me think that it was about a girl and not a boy. But this book sounds amazing, I admire how he was able to tell his story with poems.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

This is a fantastic article. I also questioned myself: Why do we look for approval from strangers? It confounds me.
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

I like the idea of ​​the book, I think many things can be told beautifully through poems. Thank you for your honest review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

A book of poetry that defines different aspects of life and each section has a different theme is creative and expressive. Great book.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I love reading poetry books, and reading your amazing review, I can't wait to read the actual book.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

I'm not a lover of poems so I will take a pass on this. Your review is captivating. I might read the book in the future. Great job!
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

The book sounds pretty nice. I really loved how you described it. I would really love to know about this book so I have to get it. Is this really the book's cover, though? Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Mercutio Faust's book is one of my favorites, he details the experiences he passed through while growing up. He is so bold and courageous. I will be to read the book again.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

This sounds like a good book! Your honest review makes me very intrigued to read it.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This is absolutely my kind of book, I really can't wait to add it to my bookshelf and read it as soon as possible. Drama novels are amazing to read. Mind-blowing review.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I enjoy reading memoirs because of the lessons they carry. Although I am not a fan of poems but I like how the author was able to tell his story using poems. Well done.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Wow this book sound interesting. I love how Ibalso asked mys, why do we seek validation? It shows that you need to define your purpose before going into it. Good job.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”