Review of The Space Between

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of The Space Between

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Space Between" by Warren Place.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Space Between by Warren M. Place is a collection of poetry works all written by the author himself. Focusing on several issues or topics, it focuses mostly on the expression of pain, loneliness, depression, and anxiety through poetry. It contains a total of 198 poems, all telling different stories about the various emotions which humans feel.

This book makes excellent use of descriptive words and sentences to paint an image of the message the author is passing across. This is one of the positive aspects of the book. It conveys the emotions the author is trying to pass across from the poet to the reader in an easy pattern.

Another positive aspect of this book is that it tells stories that a large number of people can easily relate to. Mostly focused on themes of pain and depression, this book can easily be read and understood by anyone going through a process at that moment. This helps for easier communication.

One of the negative aspects of this book is that, like all works of poetry, this book leaves too much to the imagination. That is, one can easily not get the message the author is trying to pass across but understand his own; that is, he creates his interpretation from the words provided to him by the author or poet. This can easily lead to a misinterpretation of the poet's work for an interpretation that seems right to the reader at any point in time.

Another negative aspect of this book is the flow of the book. At certain points, the book gets confusing due to a lack of clarity on the topic on the part of the poet. At some point, the author himself says he knows his words make no sense but keeps on going. The message he is trying to pass across is relatively difficult due to this.

While reading this book, I observed that there were no errors contained within this book. This leads one to believe that this book was exceptionally well-edited. However, contained within this book is a high number of profanities like 'f*ck' and 'bitch', among others.

I would rate this book three out of four stars. I gave this book this rating due to the aforementioned negative effects that make understanding the book a truly herculean task. I would, however, recommend this book to all who are interested in poetry, all those who are dealing with pains they do not speak of, and all who wish to learn how to deal with loneliness and also grief or feelings of bereavement.

The Space Between
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I am not really a fan of poetry but this one seems to be interesting. I love the fact that there are no errors in this book because they are a total turn off for me. The author really did a nice job on this one. Thank you for your review.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

I love that the author used descriptive words to paint his message across to readers. This allows readers to create an imaginative picture of the thing the author intends to pass across. This is one of the many things I love about this. I also love the fact that this book can be easily read and understood.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I am not a lover of poetry and as you stated in your review it leaves a lot to the reader. It could be me, but I usually don’t understand most of the poems. Thank you for the review.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

The book cover of this book is not intriguing at all. I also don't like poetries. So, I am going to skip this one. I don't like books that get confusing at some points. Your review of the book is beautiful, and I know lovers of poetry would enjoy it.
Comfort44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort44.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort44 »

I hope i don't get confused while reading this book. I must say I love the review. It will be a good read.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Looking at the book cover, you can easily know what the author has in store. It really shows what is written in the book. And for me, as a lover of poetry books tgis is surely a must read. Ihave read many poetry books about love, friendship, and many others. But a poetry book that potrays expression of pain is a mystery. Great review.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The ability to express one's mind through words is unique and priceless. I love this work of poetry, and I'd love to read it. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”