Review of Starlight Life

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Starlight Life

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Starlight Life" by N.C Brightman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Starlight Life by N.C Brightman is a collection of poetry in which the author writes about nature, individuality, dreams, the beauty of life, optimism, and spirituality. Each poem carries an important life lesson. The author seeks to inspire and encourage the reader and emphasizes the beauty of living in the present moment. In her verses, the author draws attention to the seemingly small things surrounding us that are extremely important. She manages to create an inspiring poem in almost every segment of nature. The most common motifs that appear in this collection are stars, ocean, music, rain, song, rainbows, and dreams. Through these motives, the author successfully creates uplifting verses that encourage the reader to live life to the fullest, appreciate it, and be aware of its finality.

This relatively short collection of poems is a real little gem. I enjoyed reading every poem in it. I like how the author finds beauty in almost everything that surrounds her. In every part of nature, she finds a message she can relate to the purpose and beauty of living. "Lost the Child" is one of my favorite poems in this book. In it, the author emphasizes that most people forget the beauty of carefreeness they had as children. Children always find a way to have fun everywhere, while adults find it much harder. "Little Things" is another beautiful poem in which the author stresses that those seemingly small things are the most beautiful and significant. In addition, since I have a physical copy of this book, I would like to highlight the outstanding quality of the paper. Also, the whole book is illustrated with stunning sketches that give a special touch to the entire collection. Another big plus is that I didn't encounter any errors, and the book seems to be exceptionally well edited.

As for the negative aspects, I must admit that there are none. I liked everything in the book, and I can't single out a single negative component. The author managed to cheer me up and motivate me while I was reading her book.

Given all the above, I have no reason to give the book a rating lower than perfect. Therefore, I rate this collection of poems 4 out of 4 stars. I thank the author for this work, and I hope she will continue to write.

I would recommend this book primarily to all poetry lovers. I would also recommend it to anyone who feels down and low. This book would likewise be an ideal gift for all book lovers.

Starlight Life
View: on Bookshelves
Reya Mae Pacaldo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reya Mae Pacaldo »

This collection of poetry really gives hope to every readers, making them remember how amazing life is. And the author encouraging the readers to see the side of beautiful things in this world. Like, life is too short to not enjoy it to the fullest!
Aila Mae Tongol

Post by Aila Mae Tongol »

This poetry collection make me realize the meaning of hope. That in every hardships, in every dark days there is always a hop waiting for us. It make me realize how amazing our lives is.
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

I'm not a poetry lover, but seeing what the poems in the book are based on, I seem to be interested. Thanks for the review.
Katrina Cooper

Post by Katrina Cooper »

I wish I had this book as a kid growing up. It's an awesome science book that explains a lot of the mysteries of our universe in a fun, easy to understand manner. The illustrations are often hilarious and full of life, you could spend hours just taking in all of the tiny details that Britt Spencer put in. With all of the politicization of science in the US, I'm glad that Ian Flintcroft tries to distance himself from it in the writing. There is nothing here that is in your face atheistic or religious, so I think it appeals to anybody who has any inkling of curiosity into how our universe works.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

I am not a fan of poems but the fact that the author tries to inspire and encourage in her poems, I might read this book.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I'm not a fan of poems, but I love the storyline of this book. Countless people tend to dwell on their problems and forget the time they won't get again, which is passing.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”