Review of Bite Ma Banger

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Review of Bite Ma Banger

Post by Tori_J »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bite Ma Banger" by eezy peezy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bite Ma Banger, by Eezy Peezy, is a collection of poems written on different occasions targeting different issues that are rarely talked about, especially in the poetic world.

This book contains both relatively long and short poems. It also contains a rap song. The book starts with a poem about a fella called "Big Fat Pete," who carelessly ran the affair of his life until his destruction. Creep is a poem about a stalker who stalks his young lover and desperately desires to hurt anyone who comes close to her. He wrote a poem using some old Scottish words, which he named Samhuinn. He delved into politics when he wrote Westmonster and Boris the Clown. The Telly is a short poem that deals with the rapid progress in the invention of technology, especially the TV. He also touched on racism, sports, banter, and COVID; these were fully featured in poems like Broken Down Angels, Charlie, 90 Minutes of Bigot ET, and so many others.

Bite Ma Banger, by Eezy Peezy, was written by a Scottish poet who had warned beforehand that the book contained certain explicit content such as rape, drug abuse, suicide, depression, etc. The poems are inspired by his environment. Though it might contain disturbing content, it is also humorous and fun to read.

At first, I was fascinated by the book cover. It shows a man pointing two fingers up. I think this is a literal representation of the theme of the book. I loved the puns and the humor, which made me have a swell time reading the book.

This is a collection of poems that touch on the dangers of drug abuse, crime, and the incessant acts of sexual abuse happening in prisons. I think the author is a brilliant poet who subtly and conventionally talked about trivial issues. He shows that one can use literary works like poems to preach to the world. The poems have lovely rhymes, and I never got bored of reading them. The writer also wrote a rap song. That shows how immensely talented he is.

Also, his work glaringly shows his contempt for politics and political establishments. It was clear that he didn't fancy the Tories. However, I believe these poems could have been a fun read for children, but the unpleasant and vulgar words and graphic sexual content in the book just wouldn't let that happen. I hope to see more poems written by the author that will entertain children and adults alike in the future. The book was exceptionally well edited; however, one might notice some artistic onomatopoeia. Even though I stated a dislike above, it would not affect my rating as I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to adult poetry lovers. I would advise children to avoid reading this book because it contains some disturbing content.

Bite Ma Banger
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

I'd love to check out this poetry collection. Your review makes me think they're great. Good job!
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

Poems are healing for the soul. Thanks for the review.
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

I love the preoccupation of this poetry collection: drug abuse, sexual abuse, crimes. I hope humanity heals itself from these monsters.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

The author doesn't write about your regular topics, he's invested in things that are of fundamental importance; that's what makes his collection unique to me.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like that this is a collection of poems on topics rarely talked about. Great review.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I don't really fancy poetry because they are usually difficult for me to understand. However, this book sounds like a great read as it seems to touch on important aspects of life in general.
leon26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by leon26 »

I have always struggled with poetry. My attitude towards it is poor too. This book seems might help me change that. Thank you.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”