Review of To be more happier

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Review of To be more happier

Post by Akshi Porwal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To be more happier" by Andre Thompson.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To Be More Happier by Andre Thompson is a collection of poems composed of four lines each. All the poems are short, simple and easy to follow. The poems claim to be inspired by many different genres of music, like disco, punk, and rap. The poems don’t seem to follow any particular line of thought. They instead take up random topics. All the poems have 4 lines with no more than 4 words in one line.

The poems are not complex, and any age group can follow them easily. The best thing about the book is that it can be enjoyable to any group of people. The poems can also be humorous at many times. Andre Thompson uses a humorous tone and choice of words. The poems are light and carefree. The poems can be read in any order. A reader does not have to follow chapters but can open any page and start reading.

Let us move on to the negatives of the book. They largely stem from the positives. The poems don’t seem to follow any structure. This does not hook the reader. I could not find any meaning behind the poems. The poems seemed to be just rhyming words put together. I don’t have much to describe the book. This, for me, is the biggest critic of this book, as it shows the unremarkable nature of this book. After reading for a while, the poems seem to become similar and repetitive. I could not find any clear or hidden meaning in these poems. Any work of literature is supposed to have some kind of meaning. The meaning can be literal or can be interpreted. Neither can be derived from this book.

I would like to give this 2 out of 4 stars. The poems in To Be More Happier are concise and light. They might get boring or seem to blend into one another. The book has done exceptionally well in its editing, as I could not find any typos, errors or grammatical inaccuracies. I wish the author had done some categorization or put in something else to make it more appealing and interesting for the reader.

I would not recommend this to a large audience. I believe that poetry enthusiasts would be disappointed after reading To Be More Happier. I would recommend this book to someone looking to explore different types of rhymes. This book can be enjoyed as a once-in-a-while read. It is best to read a few poems in one day.

To be more happier
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Personally, I enjoy reading books that are chaotic and random. Although I'm not a big fan of poetry, I might give this one a try. Thanks for such a detailed review.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

The title got my attention, but your review has created skepticism. I guess I’ll just pass, I don’t want to be bored.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

It seemed like a good book to attempt, unfortunately the book seems to need more structure... thanks very much for the review
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I occasionally read poetry, but I'm more into poetry types like ballads. I will sometimes write freeverse myself, though. I think reading a few at a time, as you suggested, might make it palatable. Thanks for the honest review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I am new at poems. I actually just entered the poetry contest! I am excited to explore this book— thanks for the great review super interesting
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

Thanks for the honest review. Short poems are not engaging for me, so maybe will try this one after its restructuring and all.
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I love the humor in short poems. The title will make it captivating to read. Thanks for the review
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Oh wow, I consider myself a poem enthusiast and based on your recommendations will not be picking up this book. Great review
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always been a great fan of anthologies. Would definitely love to add this to my bookshelf and hopefully try it out! Great review.
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

I will really love to read this book of poem because being happy everyday is very necessary in our life's. It do not only help internally but also give us confidence to do out daily activities.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

The book cover attracted me and the title is so blunt. Am sure it's a good read
Poetic Justice

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”