Review of Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment" by Robert Brantley.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All people go through difficult moments in their lives. However, artists often express their inner experiences in their works. In such works, many individuals can also recognize their own feelings, thoughts, and views of the world. Poems and Inspiration: Words of Empowerment by Robert Brantley is a collection of poems in which the author comments on various aspects of human life, from loneliness and hatred to happiness, joy, love, and faith.

This collection of poems is concise and has only 32 pages. The book consists of two parts. In the first part, the author gives his thoughts on everyday things in life, primarily those that bother him. In his poems, he discusses the reasons for human malice, comments on what the world would look like if all people were happy, wonders why sometimes people feel ashamed for no particular reason, and comments on the significance of dreams. The second part of the book primarily deals with faith and the author's relationship with God. In his poems, he emphasizes that God's love is immense and that with God's help, everything is possible.

This short collection of poems has some good aspects. First of all, since I am a Catholic, I admire the author's faith in God's grace, and I am glad that he dedicated a lot of poems to the importance of faith. Also, I like some of the comments he gives in the first part of the book. In the poem “Appreciate,” I love how Brantley stresses the importance of kindness and gratitude to other people. “Being Worthy” is one of my favorite poems in this collection. In it, the author emphasizes the value of every human being, which does not depend on the person's emotional state or any external achievements.

Unfortunately, this book also has some negative aspects. Primarily, there are a lot of grammatical errors in the book, and I can conclude that the book is not professionally edited. Also, some sentences don’t make sense. A couple of times, I wondered what the author actually wanted to say. In addition, the theme of this collection of poems is too broad. I would have preferred the author to have focused on a narrower range of topics.

All things considered, I give this book 2 out of 4 stars. The rating is not higher because I did not fully enjoy this book, I came across many grammatical errors, and a lot of sentences were awkwardly formulated. I would recommend this book to all lovers of poetry, especially those who like non-fiction books in which everyday life situations, life pains, and life joys are discussed and commented on. Likewise, I think the book would also appeal to believers because the content of the poems is largely based on faith in God.

Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

This is a very interesting book to read, but the author should rectify the identified mistakes to make the book receive full rating
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

This is a very good review from ivana7, some part of the book primarily deals with faith and the author's relationship with God. He explained that God's love is huge and that with God's assistance, everything is possible in life.
Ayomide Solomon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ayomide Solomon »

The idea of faith captivates me, of which I sought for but the poet should as well makes corrections as hinted in the review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”