Review of Poems For You And Me-Kindle Your Spirit

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Poems For You And Me-Kindle Your Spirit

Post by MarisaRose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Poems For You And Me-Kindle Your Spirit" by Ramesh Maharaj.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poems For You and Me: Kindle Your Spirit is a collection of thirty-one poems by Ramesh Maharaj. The collection is unique as it includes elements typically found in a self-help book. This poetry collection is meant to work like a “daily” calendar — one poem should be read per day. Each poem is followed by a “Life Lesson”, which the reader can utilize as a suggestion for improving their outlook on life.

The presentation of this poetry collection is its number one strength. The organization is consistent and easy to follow: each poem is followed by a “Life Lesson” and a corresponding illustration. Further, the illustrations are cohesive and enhance the themes presented in the associated poems. Overall, Poems For You and Me: Kindle Your Spirit appears as a professionally compiled and visually appealing collection.

In addition to the professionalism exuded throughout the collection, the poet utilizes relevant themes throughout each of the poems that make up Poems for You and Me: Kindle Your Spirit. Issues related to regret, love, heartbreak, body image, faith, purpose, and kindness are just some of the topics at the focus of the poems in this collection. These themes will be especially relatable for young adults.

Despite the favorable presentation and timely messages of this collection, some aspects felt repetitive. For instance, the poems are not nuanced or difficult to decipher, so many times the proceeding “Life Lesson” simply rehashed ideas already conveyed in the poem. The poems engage the reader with stimulating ideas about potential changes they can make in their life in a much more creative manner than the obvious “Life Lessons” that are included. Similarly, the rhyming meter felt forced at times, and the author uses phrasal repetition in multiple poems, which some readers might find tedious.

Poems for You and Me: Kindle Your Spirit is a professionally organized and thoughtful collection of poetry. I noticed a few minor grammatical errors, but the narrative was polished overall. Due to the important themes presented in the work and the cohesive and appealing illustrations, I rate this collection 3 out of 4 stars. One star was deducted from the final rating due to the repetition of ideas. The simplistic nature of the poems and the timely themes expressed in the collection lead me to recommend this book to young adults who enjoy poetry and are looking for a collection with a self-help angle. However, I think an older audience, or lovers of complex poetry, would find these poems too simplistic.

Poems For You And Me-Kindle Your Spirit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I must say, alot of 'poem-books' have disappointed me in the past but nonetheless, I'm interested to read this one. Amazing review!^^
Nompumelelo N 27
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nompumelelo N 27 »

Poem can teach us a lot of things this poem is about learn about your self you must know as a person that who you are what you want where you belong, what you body tells you believe it we all have our guard believe on your self believe in your gutt what you feel in your body sometimes is true because our body can talk with us we are all have some good spirit can tell us what is wrong what is not wrong
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

I'm not much of a fan of poems as I didn't understand stand them well, but I'm trying to get into it a little bit now so I think this book will be a good starter. Thans for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”