Review of Des Vu

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Des Vu

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Des Vu" by Swapna Sanchita.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I was younger, I read a book by John Gray titled Men are from Mars but women are from Venus. That book made me believe that, though men and women are humans, they do not speak the same emotional language neither do they share the same views or approaches towards problem-solving. With that thought in mind, I kept asking myself, how best does one decipher the inner workings of a woman's mind? When that woman happens to be a poet, then you'd know you have a job on your hands.

Swapna Sanchita lays bare her thoughts in this book. She uses poetry in such a simple way to bring her thoughts to life. She talks about a broad spectrum of subjects culled from her daily dealings. From the intricacies of love to the marvels of social media, her delightfully gentle play on words will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling. Des Vu is an artistic compilation of the reflections of the author's mind, pieced together and presented as poems.

I like the way the majority of the poems are so easy to understand. "Selfie" tells a story of the connections that existed around photography before the world became so engrossed in the selfie craze, and that connection got lost in translation. "What a Woman Wants" is an exciting piece about what a woman seeks in a relationship and how mundane they are. "Tranquility" has you thinking of inner peace, and "Remembrance" feels like a eulogy to a lost friend. Every poem specifically addresses something that readers won't regret reading. It suffices to say that there's something in the book for every class of reader.

I have to mention that a number of the poems are too short. Some are as short as four lines, while some of the poems are a bit abstract. Chief amongst those abstract pieces is "Caritas." I encourage you to read this book and fill your mind with these fruits from a writer who is generous enough to draw us into her personal life, struggles, and victories. Above all, she is honest enough to ask us to take her work as she writes it and appreciate her for who she is.

I recommend this book to poetry teachers, lovers, and aspiring poets. There are many things in this book from which one can benefit. School children who appreciate poetry will also benefit from this book. The editing is exceptional, and the book is flawless. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Des Vu
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Truly men and women reason differently. I love the author's style of writing. Great review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

you can never find out what a women thinks, even the devil has given up, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

AfraBrb wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:13 you can never find out what a women thinks, even the devil has given up, interesting book, great review
This is quite funny. Wow. So the devil is interested in us? :(

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”