Review of The Healed Woman

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of The Healed Woman

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Healed Woman" by Ebony Smith.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Healed Woman, the lead author, Browniesha Blackman, and eleven other authors, including Ebony Smith, Kadana Bryant, and LaLisa Morgan, among others, present twelve true-life stories detailing the survival of these women through the worst and most challenging of situations.

How do you heal from trauma, especially when it is deeply rooted in negative childhood experiences? How do you succeed when your so-called friends and lovers have convinced you of their importance and continuously pull you down? How can you understand and find real love? How can you learn that drugs, alcohol, and sex do not present viable solutions to the different forms of abuse you have suffered? In this book, these women's stories give readers an insight into the answers to these questions and more.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found it to be a deeply emotional experience. All of the authors' stories present several aspects of reality that readers may have experienced or know someone who has experienced such. Therefore, it was very easy for me to connect with their stories.

Each story spans just about seven pages, but they all felt like reading through thorough journeys, as the authors first take us through their years of suffering in detail, utilizing vivid imagery to completely immerse the reader in their experiences. I can guarantee that these stories will bring you to tears as you read through them. One of the stories that touched me the most was seeing how sexual abuse to a girl child, coupled with her fear of speaking about it, drove her to have consistent nightmares and completely changed her personality while she grew into an adult who felt like the only way out was to turn to the streets.

The stories are not only filled with doom and gloom, however. All of them are strongly tied to the central theme of finding God's love. I found it inspiring to see how these women not only found the strength to acknowledge their rough past experiences but also chose to take responsibility for the harsh results of their actions. Each story commenced with a quote that briefly encapsulated the message to take away from the story, and I felt that it was a nice touch to the book.

The only aspect of the book I did not like was the number of errors I found. There were over ten errors, and I found them distracting at times. Extra rounds of editing by a professional will make this a perfect read. Therefore, I rate The Healed Woman three out of four stars. Readers who are struggling with self-discovery and healing through different forms of abuse or trauma will greatly benefit from this book, as it will inspire them to face their issues head-on and seek God's love, which is of utmost importance.

The Healed Woman
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Apart from trauma survivors, I think this book will be helpful for those around them, caregivers, professionals, and family. Nice review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The book seems truly emotional and inspiring. I'll be looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review.
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Sarah C McHum »

I love to read self-discovery book, but I haven't read one that comes from someone's story.
Thanks for your review!
Iqra Rafiq 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

The theme of the book is really good .their are a lot of women folk suffering today from such sexual abuse and are not ready to speak up, through your review I infer that the book may be a motivation to those ladies and in general to every woman .I believe reading Inspirational stories definitely help you in your life. Thanks for the review .
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Healing is what many of us yearn for, if only our souls could get healed from various hurts we've experienced, we would do better in our daily endeavors. Great review!
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Self discovery and healing books are my favorite,I would definitely need to read this book, beautiful review.
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Nice review! We can only only get healed when we choose to. The change starts within us, no one forces us to. The stories of those twelve women was really a touching scene and lessons were learned from every angle. The fact that twelve writers came to write this book, with their experiences, makes this even more wonderful.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

It is really new to me, to see a healing book thorugh poems. can't wait to read this book. Sure give it a try in near future.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”