Review of The Anarchist Notebook

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Anarchist Notebook

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Anarchist Notebook" by S.A Schussler.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Anarchist Notebook by S. A. Schussler tells the story of Saturday, a poet, philosopher, and wine lover. Armed with an excellent flair for writing and a zeal to seek change, Saturday takes on some adventures that leave him sometimes camped in a car in deserts and mountains. These adventures and many other life events present new thoughts and philosophies to him. His notebook captures all his thoughts and ideas that usually revolve around society, humanity, and morality.

In Saturday's social life, we met his friend, Dear Wilson. Both get along despite their different outlooks, goals, and dreams. To his many vices, Saturday adds stealing of bottled wine from stores. A particular unfortunate incident with this new vice bonds Saturday to his Doctor friend. The duo seems to agree, but there's more to the doctor than Saturday thinks. Blinded by rage and disdain for a society that had many anomalies, Saturday becomes an accomplice in gruesome murders, taking the lives of innocent people. How does this psychopathic action give Saturday the "perfect" humanity and society he always wanted?

Unfortunately, I did not enjoy any positive things in this book. A large part of this book conveyed Saturday's thoughts and views, which I can't entirely agree with. I found a lot of negatives in this book. The contents of this book were not arranged in any headings or chapters. I would have appreciated it if different points were stated under appropriate poetic titles or subheadings. Also, I had trouble comprehending the pages that presented these notes because they lacked proper structuring. Reading through this book, I felt overwhelmed with a lot of facts and information provided. This made the actual points very difficult to grasp. Lastly, I also discovered numerous blank and numbered pages at the end of the book. Generally, as much as the main character in this book, Saturday, wanted a society with many positive differences, his actions acted in different directions to his thoughts.

I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars because of the challenges I had already mentioned in the paragraph above. Also, my rating is because of many errors I found in this book. I felt disappointed with the fact that some sentences were not structured. Hence, I concluded that this book was not professionally edited.

This book will not appeal to lovers of Jewish doctrines. Also, it is not recommended to younger readers to protect them from the vices portrayed in the book. Overall, I do not recommend this book to any reader.

The Anarchist Notebook
View: on Bookshelves
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I also agree with you that the story is disjointed. However, I still commend the author for putting down his thought.Thanks for your honest rating.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Hi there. The title attracted me and I was curious to see why it only got rated one star. So now that I have read your review I am not going to read this one. It sounds as though the book has not been edited at all given the blank pages and no order. A pity. Thank you for the review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

According to your review, this one might as well be a pass for me. I also agree titles or sub headings are important. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”