Review of Quasars and Memories

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Review of Quasars and Memories

Post by Ruth Naomi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quasars and Memories" by Antonio Kinchen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Quasars and Memories by Antonio Kinchen is a collection of poems that vary from love, earth, angel, evil to battles. The author employs descriptive language that will leave a reader thought-provoked. The poems vary in size. Some are succinct, while some are longer, depending on the message being portrayed. I enjoyed a particular poem named ‘Facts'. It covers facts I found true (after searching them from Google), while some were sarcastic. One stanza says, “Children are afraid of the dark. Adults are afraid of their account balances.” Even though somewhat true, I found that particular poem humorous.

In recent times of lockdowns and increasing mental problems, this insightful piece proved helpful for personal reflection and cognitive growth. In poetry, one aspect I frequently look into while gauging the author's ingenuity is by the new terms I come across. In this work, I encountered numerous new words that I noted down. By virtue of receiving a kindle format, the meanings popped up by simply highlighting the word in question.

I appreciated many things about this work. First, the underlying message was enduring. After finishing up the work, some poems that resonated with me kept lingering in my mind. Furthermore, the book was short; therefore, it avoided the monotonicity of word and sentence repetition that comes with long narratives. A poem about soldiers in battle felt like following an episode of a war-themed movie. The diversity of this installment was worth applauding.

Additionally, most poems had rhythm and rhyming words that aided the work to be musical. The figurative language in most poems often evoked my emotions to suit the sentiments in play. On the contrary, I disliked one aspect. I found words I could not comprehend, and the dictionary of the kindle format could not bring up meanings. In such poems, though rare, it was problematic to grasp the message they were conveying.

I did not detect grammatical errors; therefore, the book is professionally edited. I encountered words spelled in their variant forms which I realized were a matter of style. Also, they added flavor to the verses. Though some poems were short, they portrayed deep messages that resonated with me. I felt like one poem was addressed to me regarding my current relationship. Since this book is a standalone sequel, I have to look for the first installment. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece; as a result, I rate it four out of four stars. I recommend it to lovers of poems.

Quasars and Memories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book has an excellent and worth noting poems based on land, earth, heaven and liveliness.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

I adore reading poems that are both realistic and relatable. And this book of poems appears to be in the same vein, so I'm excited to read it. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Reading this explicit review made me wanna try reading this masterpiece. Thanks! I should definitely give this one a shot.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”