Review of Emotional

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Emotional

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Emotional" by mercrutio faust.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Emotional is a collection of poetry written by Mercrutio Faust. The book contains a wide variety of topics as the author writes about different emotions he feels. It is broken down into five sections: Pathetic I, Eulogy: Laments, Pathetic II, Sweetness, and An Ode to Classic Romance. In each section, the author uses his words to express his feelings, emotions, and thoughts.

In Emotional, Mercrutio Faust writes about the way he sees himself, others, and the world around him. He evaluates love and how it makes him feel. The poems in this book are raw. They expose the depth of Faust's views and thoughts. In a couple of sections, the author connects to the readers who have struck out in love. In other sections, he expresses the good in love. He shares his personal emotions as he tries to figure out how to navigate them all.

Those who like poetry will find this book to be interesting and enjoyable. It would be geared towards young adults and adults due to comprehending what the author is trying to explain. Individuals not interested in poetry will probably want to skip reading this collection.

I enjoyed reading the poetry in this book. I feel the author did an excellent job expressing his emotions and making the reader feel them too. I liked how the author broke down the book into multiple sections. I felt each section was well-written. It's my belief that each section details a time in his life when love was either going good or going bad. I believe many readers will find the poems to be relatable. I felt I could relate to them. I found it refreshing how he wasn't afraid to address the messy, awkward, and heartbreaking moments in life. I liked the metaphor he used in the title of the one poem: "Love is like burnt toast. It may be burnt, but you eat it anyway." It's a different way to look at love. Even if it's hard, you still want it. I really didn't find anything to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The poems catch the readers' attention and makes them think about the deeper meanings in the poetry. I feel Faust did a wonderful job of compiling a collection of thoughtful, and thought provoking, poetry for all to enjoy. I would recommend this book to others. Overall, I would read other books by this author.

Emotional
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It's has many emotions divided into sections and poems. I think poetry fans can relate to it well. Thank you for a great review!
Ibezim Joseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ibezim Joseph »

Love can be expressed in different ways and from the review I can connect with the depth of the authors view and thought as he writes about the different ways to look at love.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

The author seems to have done a great job! Would love to explore his skills. Thank you for such a beautiful review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Edr
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edr.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Edr »

I have loved poetry since I was a child. This looks like a great book of poems. Lovely review.
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

The sections are bedazzled with emotions. This is an amazing review, especially how you described the metaphor the author used. I would definitely give it try. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”