Official Review: Tempest: Poems by Ryan Meyer

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Tempest: Poems by Ryan Meyer

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tempest: Poems" by Ryan Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tempest: Poems is a book of poetry written by Ryan Meyer. The poems are a collection of the author's personal accounts. They explore the author's hopes, fears, and how he has learned his own identity. The book is geared towards those who love poetry, but also for those who are trying to still figure out who they are.

Tempest: Poems contains 50 unique poems. The author writes about a variety of topics. Some of those topics include heartbreaks, friends, and work. Many readers will find there are poems they can relate to. While reading the poem called "Lunch Break," it made me think of my own workspace and how easily I'm distracted while working. The poem called "Faulty Wiring" was an emotional one to read. Meyer describes being with his mom while she is sick and no one hears his call for help. A few of his poems tug at the heart strings like that one. He makes the reader feel his words.

Those who enjoy poetry will like reading the poems in this book. Readers who like to try to figure out the meanings in poems will also enjoy reading this one. Readers who aren't into poetry will want to pass on reading the book.

I found the poems in this book to be intriguing. I liked trying to figure out the author's meanings in some of the poems. The author did an excellent job in his descriptions to capture the reader's attention. I also believe he did a good job at making the reader feel the emotions he was trying to express in his poetry. Another aspect of the book I liked is how the author didn't stick to one topic. I liked the variety of topics as it kept my attention more. He also made some of the poems seem like short stories he was telling. I really enjoyed these poems. I feel the author did a wonderful job in compiling this collection. I didn't find anything to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The book was easy to read and the poems were all enjoyable. The author has a way with words to make the reader feel what he is writing about. I can really appreciate this aspect. Many will find they can relate to the poems. The author kept the book interesting by writing about a variety of topics. I would read additionally books written by this author as I like his writing style. Overall, I enjoyed all the poems and would recommend the book to others.

Tempest: Poems
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

I love poems, especially poems on the topics of fear, hope, and learning about my identity. I'd love to read this book.

Great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Poetry books can be such a hit and miss. This one sounds lovely and emotional. Thanks for the great review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It sounds sounds like a wonderful poetry book. The poet's life reflects and many find resonance with these poems too. Thank you for the review!
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

I love how you've described his poems and the book.
I would love to read it.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

I love poems that can draw me into the author's world and pull at my heartstrings. I'm definitely adding Tempest: Poems to my bookshelf. Thank you for this review!
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

It is lovely to read that the author is able to draw in the reader with his words. That makes for an enjoyable read. Thank you for this review!
Ann marie hinds
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ann marie hinds »

Reading poems open my mind and it make me think about life and my self it’s really touching Sometimes I will always stick to poems

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”