Official Review: The Sighing of the Winter Trees or Beaut...

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: The Sighing of the Winter Trees or Beaut...

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sighing of the Winter Trees or Beautiful Poetry" by Laura Grossman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Sighting of the Winter Trees or Beautiful Poetry was written by Laura Grossman. This is a collection of drama and poetry. It was written to reflect the emotional fellowship of readers with seasons.

In the lines of this poetry, the poet recounts the pensive moments she shares with nature and her romantic partner. Poetry is a platform for emotional pleasure, as she describes the seasons of autumn and winter in an expressive style. The poet writes on the beauty of nature and certain seasons' effect on our lonely moments. Laura Grossman talked about the moments of life and death.

While I read this poem, I felt the emotional state which prompted the poet to compose these verses. These were moments of love and moments of reality revealed by the tone of the poet. Such a collection of poems are suitable for lonely moments.

The positive aspects of these poems are the variety of topics written about by the poet. This feature is reflected in how she includes themes like Christmas Day, romance, love, and family. I also found her unpredictable style of writing intriguing.

The writer was very passionate and witty in her expression. Her emotions were invested in the verses of these collections of drama and poems. An example was the way she expressed her romantic pleasure with her lover. The poet used the season of autumn to create a simile of romantic love between partners. For example, in the third verse, she said, “Time for romance, An autumn dance, Love is beautiful Like the season Of autumn.” For me, this is a strong positive point in the poems. It was interesting to see how Laura Grossman used the season of winter and autumn to create some romantic pictures.

However, what I found negative about this poem was the lack of proper formatting of the book. At some points, the collection of poems appeared complicated and difficult to grasp its actual rhythm. I believe readers would love to know where each poem stopped. In other words, the poet should have separated one verse from another.

Apart from these issues, there was nothing else that could make me dislike the book. Consequently, I rate this book four out of four stars. From my standpoint, this work of poetry was professionally edited. Since I found a few errors, but I feel the poetry deserves a perfect rating.

I recommend this collection of poetry to those who love romantic poetry. Likewise, it will surely suit lovers of nature and their romantic representation.

The Sighing of the Winter Trees or Beautiful Poetry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

The best kind of poems are the ones that are out of the ordinary and i feel like this book offers a lot of those. Thank you for your review.
Kenna Ridzi
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenna-ridzi.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Kenna Ridzi »

The best kind of poems make the reader empathetic and emotional, I'm glad this collection was no exception. Great review.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I like how these poems reflect the author's passions and emotions, bringing them about intertwined with nature. Great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Your review shows a touching book for delicate souls. I loved reading it, so thank you for making my day better! :)
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Poetry with seasons as a metaphor for love and romance. That sounds charming. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Poetry can express the emotions better and also is relatable to many. It was a good review.
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

The range of topics from Christmas mornings, family, and love sound nostalgic and engaging. I look forward to reading it. Thank you for this review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”