Official Review: Echoes From The Heart

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Echoes From The Heart

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Echoes From The Heart" by Kimberly L. Burrell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Echoes From The Heart by Kimberly L. Burrell is a poetry book that talks about self-esteem, self-care, passion, relationships, family, sentiments, and various other aspects. The author uses repetitions and rhymes with the recurrence of sounds and syllables that resemble echoes to emphasize her perspective or her feelings. That aspect creates a musical pattern with a rhythm that catches the reader's attention and brings an atmosphere of suspense since the repetitions can bring new elements or different meanings.

One of the poems that caught my attention was "Calendaring My Days," which brings a relationship that could appear toxic and abusive. In this poem, the lyrical subject talks about a man who keeps watching her and making plans for her. She feels safe when he is distant, but she also thinks that she should be grateful for him and these thoughts bring contradictory feelings. I found it intriguing that the reader can understand this poem as a narrative of an abusive relationship with a controlling man and a woman who is afraid to be left alone.

My favorite aspect of this book was the author's style. The rhymes and repetitions are crucial to create the unique and dynamic rhythm of the verses. These repetitions sometimes have little variations in their structures, and they completely change the meaning of the sentences. Besides, the compositions possess harmonic melodies that give them the state of being musical, which generates vibrant pacing that holds the readers' attention from beginning to end. The author uses original descriptions with strong images to talk about feelings and love.

There is nothing to dislike in this book. Besides, it seems professionally edited since I didn't find a single error. It's also pertinent to state that the author uses poetic license to shape the sentences' rhythm and structure. For example, Burrell sometimes uses capitalized letters in the middle of the verses and variations of the comma placement.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It's a unique poetry book with a musical atmosphere and honest thoughts about love, feelings, and relationships. I recommend it to those readers who enjoy short compositions with rhymes and repetitions that reveal heartfelt stories. Nevertheless, I don't recommend it to young people since some of the poems contain profanities and graphic erotic scenes that might disturb some readers. I also don't recommend it to those readers who are sensitive to the themes of abuse and toxic relationships since the poems could be triggering.

Echoes From The Heart
View: on Bookshelves
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

Sounds like a book I would enjoy. I have been looking for some poetry
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

A poetry book that deals with self-esteem, relationship and sundry is my favorite genre in poetry. I'm eager to read it. Great job.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I'm thrilled to see so many poetry books lately. I'd love to dive into this one and explore the nature of relationships a little deeper. Thanks for the recommendation! I loved reading your beautiful review!`
nwaobifrancesca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaobifrancesca.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by nwaobifrancesca »

I'm happy to see a poetry book on issues of love, life, and relationships. It sounds wonderful. I hope to read it sometime. Thanks for your review.
Mark Smarter
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Mark Smarter »

I would love reading this book due to the great review in detail describe how to how musical the book is by raising the fillings.. thanks alot

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”