Official Review: Maeve's Poetic Vibes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Ministry From My Perspective by Sharl Whitaker

Official Review: Maeve's Poetic Vibes

Post by mac83 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maeve's Poetic Vibes" by Elisient Maeve Vernon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maeve's Poetic Vibes is written by Elisient Maeve Vernon. The author describes her book as a "medley of unusual poems and poetic thoughts." Maeve is an older woman whose passion has been to have others read her poetry. Her book is a mixture of poetry based on her moods, styles, and interests. She also includes poetry her family members have contributed.

Elisient Maeve Vernon knowns all about ministry. Her husband is a reverend. Many of her poems are centered around her belief in God and the role He has played in her life. She also includes poems on finding who she is, the experiences she has gone through, and her love for her family. There are a handful of poems written by her husband and her sons. They are a nice added touch to the book.

Poetry lovers will enjoy reading this book. The poems are encouraging and uplifting. Those who enjoy inspirational books will like reading these poems. The book would be good for most ages. Readers who prefer books that are not based on religion will want to skip this one. Most of the poems are focused on different aspects of God and religion.

I liked how the book was broken down into different topics. The author even included a section for children. I also liked how the author incorporated poems by her husband and songs into the book. Many of the poems are upbeat and positive. I enjoyed the flow of the author's writing style. It made it easy to read. Most of the poems focus on the author's relationship with God. While some may find the amount of references to God to be overwhelming, I feel the author did an excellent job incorporating her own feelings and emotions to express why she wrote so much about her faith and religion. I particularly enjoyed the poem, "The Light." I've felt what the author writes about and how the light pushes out the darkness. Her words are beautiful and moving. I didn't really find anything to make me dislike any part of the book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited. I didn't find any errors. The author writes with emotion and makes the reader feel her words. I haven't read a book of poetry quite like this one before. It was easy to relate to the poems. I like the titles that were used for each section and how the poems correlate throughout the book. I am impressed with the author's dedication to having her poems published. I feel her passion to be published is inspiring. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for some guidance through faith. Overall, Maeve's Poetic Vibes is definitely a book worth reading.

Maeve's Poetic Vibes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:

Bertha Jackson
Currently Reading: The Errand of Angels: The Lost Book
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Unsolved Since 1918 by Jack Coey

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I have not read poetry in many years. Due to your great review, I may need to give it another try. This sounds like one I could enjoy. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I've read only a couple of poetic works in recent times. I'll gladly add this one to my list.

HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: HEALING - Beyond Pills & Potions by Steve Bierman M.D.

Post by HannahsReads »

Thanks for your review! I really like how you added that the poetry collection contains a section for children, which is quite unique.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”