Official Review: From My Heart For You by Monique Trowers

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gabrielletiemi
Currently Reading: História do Cerco de Lisboa
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielletiemi.html
Latest Review: From My Heart For You by Monique Trowers

Official Review: From My Heart For You by Monique Trowers

Post by gabrielletiemi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From My Heart For You" by Monique Trowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From My Heart For You by Monique Trowers is a poetry book that brings the themes of Christianity, faith, love, gratitude, inner conflicts, desires, regrets, forgiveness, and struggles. It’s noticeable that the writer built this novel with passion and sincerity since every composition inspires the reader to reflect on personal beliefs and everyday actions. These poems carry a motivational message of how to overcome difficulties, how to be a better person, and various other lessons.

The author also included a meditation section at the end of the book with thoughtful questions. The inquiries have scriptures to guide your thoughts and lines in blank to write down your answers. This part brings even more possibilities to study your daily progress and objectives. One of the questions that caught my attention and made me think for a long time was the one that inquired the reason why forgiving can be so complicated.

My favorite aspect of the book was the author’s style. Trowers uses rhymes and repetitions to create a calm and warm rhythm that fits the subject of the writings. For example, “Wall after wall, some very thick, some very tall/ You wonder if you’ll be able to break down all.” Even if most of the poems bring abstract or metaphorical ideas, it’s easy to recognize ordinary struggles that everybody comprehends in the verses, such as when the author talks about the effect of love in children’s lives.

There is nothing to dislike in this book. The composition also seems professionally edited and exceptionally well-written since I didn’t find a single error in my reading. Besides, the author plays with the words and sentences in order to give the poems more fluency and an innovative style. It’s a fascinating poetry book, and the writer composed it carefully with tenderness and devotion.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Trowers wrote an intense and touching book with poems that evokes strong emotions according to personal life experiences. I recommend this book to people who are looking for an emotional and soulful poetry composition. Besides, this volume is better suited for Christians since most of the poems bring the aspects of faith, belief in God, and the Bible. However, since the writer also brings a lot of routine considerations, non-religious people might appreciate it too. Nevertheless, I don’t recommend this book to people who don’t enjoy poetry or heartfelt verses because they might find it uninteresting.

From My Heart For You
View: on Bookshelves

Olabode Joshua
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 200
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: We're Here Because We're Not All There by William Kenneth Jones
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

This book sounds interesting, but the religious themes seem excessive. I think I'll pass. Good review, Gabrielletiemi.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Poetry is not my cup of tea. But this book seems to be interesting with lots of positive elements. Thanks for your insightful review!

Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

The meditation section at the end is everything readers need in this book, myself especially. Thanks for this review.

HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Superbugs by Tayma Tameem

Post by HannahsReads »

Thank you for your beautiful review! I enjoy reading poetry and this collection sounds inspirational and heartwarming.

MURANGA9
Currently Reading: The Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by MURANGA9 »

Poetry is soothing and therapeutic to lovers. I think I should give this one a try and see how far I can go

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”