Official Review: Crossing Thresholds by Amba Gale

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Official Review: Crossing Thresholds by Amba Gale

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crossing Thresholds" by Amba Gale.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Crossing Thresholds by Amba Gale is a collection of poetry on nature, spirituality, and children. The author uses her own life experiences as a source of inspiration to write creative poetry with profound meanings. The writer also utilizes pictures to convey her messages.

The author’s first poem is about writing a journal where a person can reflect on his/her life, writing about his/her feelings and relationships. The writer then uses the metaphor of an island to write a poem about guidance and inspiration. She then explores the meaning of food for the soul, while she later asks the island to come to her to give her peace and beauty. Moreover, she uses her poetry to offer the reader advice on how to meditate in the silence. She also writes a poem about a place of gratitude, meaning, and belonging, using this poem to give the reader ideas on how to do a walking meditation. Additionally, she utilizes her experiences in Isle Royale, an island of the Great Lakes, to discuss the significance of forgiveness, openness, and transience. In her next poem, she explores the meaning of new eternal horizons and freedom with limitless opportunities.

Some aspects of this book were highly intriguing. For instance, this book was professionally edited, as I did not locate any typographical, grammatical, or spelling errors in the text. I also liked the originality in the text, as the poems were unique, thereby displaying the poet’s creativity. What I liked most about this book was that it had several beautiful pictures of nature, adding an artistic flavor to the text. This adds quality and interest to the poems, making them exciting and memorable.

What I disliked most about the text was that it lacked clarity and cohesiveness. Many of the poems were confusing and too abstract, while the poet’s comments on her poems were often vague.

This book is best suited for readers of poetry and lovers of nature. Mature adult readers are likely to enjoy this book more, as they will better understand the profound meanings that the poet wishes to convey through the text. Readers who follow New Age beliefs will enjoy this book more, as the poet refers to some New Age ideas, such as meditation.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a perfect rating because of the confusion in the poems. I did not give this book a lower rating because it was professionally edited, creatively synthesized, and artistically illustrated.

Crossing Thresholds
View: on Bookshelves

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Ada Ling »

I am not a poem person yet. Thank you for the honest review!

Bertha Jackson
Currently Reading: The Sureness of Horses
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Highway Away by Nicole Jordan

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Poetry scares me. Thank you for the review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Gantt57
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gantt57 »

I love poetry, I write some myself and really enjoy reading it and I will be reading more.

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Hollowed by Annamarie Ibrahim

Post by Nqobile771 »

I find healing and comfort in poetry, specifically, in writing poetry. Thanks for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”