Official Review: My Best Poems by Pia Horan-Gross

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: My Best Poems by Pia Horan-Gross

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Best Poems" by Pia Horan-Gross.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Best Poems: Complete Collection by Pia Horan-Gross is exactly what the title states. The author has put all their best poems in one book. The book is separated into three parts: ‘Nature’, ‘Relationships’, and ‘Spirituality’. Throughout the 135 poems, the author explores the themes of love, pain, and happiness.

What I liked about the book was that it contained colorful art and illustrations. This put the poem into perspective, and it helped me understand the poem more. The illustrations are nice and big in the book, so it’s clear to see what it’s showing. I would describe some of the illustrations as being powerful. It’s almost as if they are telling a story of their own. In addition to that, I also liked that the author dated each poem because it’s easier to understand what the author is portraying. Since there are a lot of poems, it’s easy to get lost of where one ends, and where another one begins. To overcome this, the author has bolded the poem titles. In terms of the poems, they are very short with each one being only 1-2 pages long. This means that you can get through them very quickly.

The author’s writing style is beautiful. I was able to vividly picture the scenes the author was describing, as well as, being able to feel the emotions. Whilst reading the poems, I felt calm and relaxed. My favorite poems are ‘Autumn’, ‘Fireflies’, and ‘The Bumbling Bumble Bee'. They made me feel happy and gave me nature vibes.

I couldn’t find anything that I disliked about the book. The only thing I would say is that I wish the book would have page numbers. Since it’s a big book, it would be easy to lose track of where you are. Other than that, the book is great. Everything was well-written, and every poem held emotion. Since the poems explore many themes, I know that there is a poem for everyone to enjoy. As it contains short poems, I finished it quickly, and I didn’t get bored.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I did not find any mistakes, so I would say it’s professionally edited. I think this is a great book to read in the evening or read in the night before bed. As a heads up, the book does mention religion and God, however, I believe that everyone can read it. I highly recommend this book to adults who enjoy reading poetry.

My Best Poems
View: on Bookshelves
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love poem collections, and this book sounds very interesting to me. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

Poetry is really my thing. Besides, the illustrations seem to be beautiful since I enjoy colorful pictures.The theme of the human feelings is something that interests me too. I also liked the title of the poems you talked about in your review. Thanks for the informative review!
Lizziemarcel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizziemarcel.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Lizziemarcel »

Unfortunately, I'm not a lover of poem and poetry. Great review and very detailed.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I love reading poems. From your review this one sounds interesting too. Thanks a lot for the review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Poems act as a repertoire of our experience and emotions. Thanks for the fair review
cyriladavan
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyriladavan.html
Latest Review: Just Another Day by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by cyriladavan »

I wish the author picked a more unique title to her collection. It's such a shame that this is a collection containing her best poems.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

I love anthologies and this review is really detailed and beautiful. Thanks for the review.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Illustrations in books, especially when it comes to poems, are always a plus! Thank you for the great review!
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I find reading poetry books calming and relaxing, so I am glad to know that is how you describe her poems. The most praise-worthy about her poetry is probably her beautiful writing partnered with colorful illustrations. Thank you for writing this brilliant review!
CuteandComfy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CuteandComfy »

Poetry is really my thing. Besides, the illustrations seem to be beautiful since I enjoy colorful pictures.The theme of the human feelings is something that interests me too. I also liked the title of the poems you talked about in your review. Thanks for the informative review!
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

I am a poet and when a poetry collection is rated perfectly it makes me happy. I would love to read it.
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

As a lover of poetry,your review makes me want to have a taste of those beautiful poems on love,nature and happiness.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I am very excited to read this and look into the illustrations you have mentioned. Thank you for the review!
LauraClaxton89
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LauraClaxton89 »

I've read this a few times. I love the poems. I wrote poetry myself.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”