Official Review: A Silent Noisy Walk in my mind

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Ivan and the Silver Seeds by Ivy Lin and Walter Sattazahn

Official Review: A Silent Noisy Walk in my mind

Post by shannonkate8 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Silent Noisy Walk in my mind" by Kwasi Ntem-Mensah.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Silent Noisy Walk in my Mind: An Anthology of Poems is a collection of poems written by Kwasi Ntem-Mensah. The collection is written in a stream of consciousness format, set up like journal entries, and, therefore, unlike other poems I have read before. Most chapters, or entries, are different. Some cover stories of life events, like returning to Ghana, while others delve into deeper topics, such as acceptance, friendship, and marriage. The author provides their own feelings on each topic, as well as a running commentary on each. Sometimes, these topics overlap one another or are discussed multiple times, like marriage. Kwasi Ntem-Mensah will sometimes have a poem on the topic itself but later follow it with a story, as he did with the idea of marriage.

As I mentioned above, this book was different than any other collection of poems I have previously read. It felt as if I was reading someone’s diary or journal where they wrote whatever came to their mind that day. It was interesting and certainly unique.

However, the issues started at the beginning. The poems were littered with misspellings, grammatical errors, and odd formatting. Each poem generally had some error. Then, I realized partway through the book that it appears that the author copied and pasted blog posts. There are URL, or website, links scattered throughout and “hashtags.” Further, numerous times the author included “hehehehehe,” which frankly just made me feel weird. Overall, this made the book appear that the author was rambling, the book was incomplete, and the writing and format needed significant work. The book would benefit from an editor to make it sound more coherent and eliminate errors.

There were a few things I liked about the book though. Throughout the collection, the author had moments where he was witty and some where he was very deep. I appreciated some of the messages he tried to get across, such as learning to accept one another, admit weakness, respect women, and appreciate others. There were some truly heartfelt moments and ideas that can be carried with someone throughout their life.

All said and done, I can only give this book 2 out of 4 stars for the above issues. If the book received additional editing, I believe it could do better. At this time, however, I would not recommend it to others. For those who do choose to pick it up, please note that the author references God throughout the book and some moments would be best understood by someone who has some sort of Christian spiritual belief.

A Silent Noisy Walk in my mind
View: on Bookshelves
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Maybe the links are intended for online reading to get more in-depth knowledge.
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

The writing style definitely gives this book an edge. I am sorry the book was majorly flawed. Appreciate the honest review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

This sounded very compelling until you mentioned the various errors. What a shame!
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

Hmm I can see why this collection does not live up to its potential. Thank you for your honest opinions and a very thorough review!
Vontay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vontay »

Novels and entertaining books such as this one is very extraordinary gives the reader digest have air training discussions and learn more about these type dramas or books very profitable

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”