Review by Iexistsup -- Passions: Love Poems and Other Wr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iexistsup
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iexistsup.html
Latest Review: Passions: Love Poems and Other Writings by Gabriela Marie Milton

Review by Iexistsup -- Passions: Love Poems and Other Wr...

Post by Iexistsup »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Passions: Love Poems and Other Writings" by Gabriela Marie Milton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Passions: Love Poems and Other Writings was one of the most beautiful and well written collection of poems I have ever read. Each word was so perfect and beautiful, and the prose were wonderful. With each installment of the prose it added puzzle pieces to a stunning love story with what looks to be a dramatic love triangle between friends. The poems also each had additions to what read like a tale of lovers feeling the true effects of love an infatuation.

I would highly recommend reading Spring's floral certitude, With this ring I promise you, Marry Me, and Out to sea. Every poem in this collection were absolutely extraordinary, but these four were my absolute favourite in the whole collection of poems. Each one drew my attention so perfectly and fascinated my imagination and wildest dreams of love. I suppose if you only wanted to read a few poems these are the ones I would suggest for you to read.

My reasoning for each of these particular poems being on my favourites list is different for each one. Spring’s floral certitude was beautiful in the way it treated love that can not truly be fulfilled in the way the narrator of the poem wants it to be. She described herself as the spring blooms and blossoms and wished that she could once again see her lover in person.

With this ring I promise you was just such a lovely little read. It was written as a proposal of love, and it was stunning. It is like a proposal and wedding vows wrapped into one as it talks about love and death I such a magnificent way. I truly love this poem for how wonderfully it describes true love.

Marry Me is also a beautiful poem. The excitement in the narrative was subtle yet perfect with the little exclamation point at the end of the poem. The whole poem is yet another proposal but with a different tone from With this ring I promise you, and it really does show a pure side of love. The nice mention of playing with hair and making wishes on stars. It painted such a pretty picture in my head that a strongly suggest you give it a read.

And finally, Out to sea, such a wonderful poem. Though it is short, it is so good and pure. It felt safe and warm to read. The mention of sleeping on the shoulders of her partner under the wings of a bird was such a soft and kind image that made me joyful when I read it. It was simply perfect to read. How emotions can be shown through so little words is curious yet wonderful to me.

So, if you choose to pick of this book on a shelf or see it online I do highly recommend you read the whole book in all its beauty. I give this book a 4 out of 4, if I could give it a 5, I would.

Passions: Love Poems and Other Writings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”