Official Review: Maeve's Poetic Vibes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Storm+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard by Nicola J Rowley

Official Review: Maeve's Poetic Vibes

Post by Storm+ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maeve's Poetic Vibes" by Elisient Maeve Vernon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maeve’s Poetic Vibes by Elisient Maeve Vernon is a book of poetry grounded deeply in the tenets and beliefs of the Christian religion. Focused on a variety of topics and encompassing a variety of different moods, the poems written by Vernon (and a few of her family members) all have one thing in common: whether written in joy or in sorrow, each poem serves as a deep and heartfelt tribute to a glorious and loving God.

As an avid fan of poetry in all of its forms, I absolutely loved reading Maeve’s Poetic Vibes. I found every single poem in this book to be equal parts interesting and engaging; in fact, I cannot think of a single poem that I liked any less than the others. Furthermore, I appreciated that the author seems to go out of her way to ensure that every poem is well-written and deliberate. Specifically, I liked that none of the poems in this book seemed to be included simply to meet the page count or to fill space, nor did they seem to be hastily thrown together. One of the greatest strengths of this book is that the author appears to have worked at making sure that she continually utilizes beautiful language and meaningful verse in order to better reach her readers.

However, as much as I enjoyed Vernon’s poems and their content, I was almost discouraged from reading this book by how poorly written the introduction was. Unfortunately, unlike the remainder of the book, the introduction accompanying Vernon’s work comes across as though it was written at the last possible moment; there is at least one error in almost every sentence. Riddled with punctuation errors and missing words, the opening paragraphs of this book mentally prepared me to read a book full of poems with similar errors. Luckily, these types of errors were nearly nonexistent following the introduction, and I chose to continue reading the book. However, I’m not convinced that all readers would choose to do so.

Although I would recommend skipping or, at the very least, skimming the introduction, I highly recommend this book to any person who loves poetry and/or Christianity. Whether you’re an adult or a younger reader, there is bound to be something in this book for you. Because of the content of this book, however, I would probably not recommend Maeve’s Poetic Vibes to atheists or people without an interest in Christians or Christianity as a whole.

In the end, I decided to rate Elisient Maeve Vernon’s Maeve’s Poetic Vibes 3 out of 4 stars. Although the content of this book is certainly deserving of a full 4 stars, there were simply too many errors at the beginning of the book for me to rate it any higher than 3 stars.

Maeve's Poetic Vibes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

"Deep and heartfelt tribute to a loving God", this got me! I love poetry as much as I love christianity, so I believe this book is for me.

praise+anyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-anyi.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by praise+anyi »

Poems with beautiful language and meaningful verses lifts up my spirit. About the introduction, thanks for giving us a heads on. I'll surely enjoy this book.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”