Official Review: Between Moonbeams by Kyla McDaniel

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Re: Official Review: Between Moonbeams by Kyla McDaniel

Post by rumik »

I'm actually familiar with blackout poetry, it's quite popular among younger people on the internet these days :P I never developed a taste for it though, so I'm not sure I'd like this book as much. To be honest, it's really commendable of you to try to appreciate a new form of poetry, I never tried to appreciate blackout poetry despite seeing it around. Thanks for the thoughtful review!
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

rumik wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 10:00 I'm actually familiar with blackout poetry, it's quite popular among younger people on the internet these days :P I never developed a taste for it though, so I'm not sure I'd like this book as much. To be honest, it's really commendable of you to try to appreciate a new form of poetry, I never tried to appreciate blackout poetry despite seeing it around. Thanks for the thoughtful review!
'it's quite popular among younger people on the internet these days'
That would explain why I haven't come across it before, then :D
I wouldn't say that I dislike the actual poems that emerge once all the redactions have been put in, but I just feel that the appearance of a blackout poem is always going to be a bit mournful. I think it would difficult to produce a happy, uplifting poem when the page is mostly black! Thanks for commenting!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”