Review by Melchi Asuma -- First Family by Alice Langholt

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Melchi Asuma
2018 Reading Goal: 1000
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Melchi Asuma -- First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Melchi Asuma » 29 Dec 2018, 15:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "First Family" by Alice Langholt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if we could know the entire reason why Eve ate the forbidden fruit? What if, somehow, we could fully understand God's relationship with Adam? What if we could witness Abel's death from Cain's perspectives? Would these revelations make us understand 'The Fall of Man' better?

Alice Langholt decided to take it upon herself to try and demystify 'The Creation' for us. Her book, First Family is an accurate, and extended, account of ' The Creation' as narrated in the Bible. She takes us through the creation of Adam and Eve to their expulsion from the garden of Eden. Moreover, she narrates the story, from each person's perspective. This means that we get to understand the motives behind every action done by each character. Why did God chase them away? Why did the snake decide to deceive Eve? Why did Cain kill Abel? How did Cain's relationship with God differ from Abel's relationship with God? All these questions are answered fully and in detail in First Family.

I absolutely love the idea behind this book. I applaud the initiative by the author to research and publish this book. I have read the Genesis creation account numerous times without fully understanding various aspects of it. A lot of things made sense to me after reading this book to completion. For instance, it now makes sense to me that God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden after they disobeyed. I will not spoil the book for anyone, so I can only say that it was nice to read that decision from God's perspective. Even though, we cannot really ascertain that God truly thought that, the reasons given were viable reasons.

The writing, language use, and dialogue in the story was also very good. I have already talked about the author's use of Point of View narration, where the author told the story from each person's perspective. This made the book more powerful. The author also incorporated a lot of humor in the dialogue which made me love the book even more. When Adam and Eve woke up, they knew nothing and had to learn everything for themselves. This made them susceptible to making mistakes. They did make them. A lot. And it was very funny.

Honestly, I did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. I loved everything about it. I loved the idea behind it and its execution in the narration. I, also, found no grammatical errors which led me to the conclusion that it was professionally edited. For these reasons, I have to rate it the full 4 out of 4 stars. It is a book that will be enjoyed by lovers of religious books.

First Family
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Melchi Asuma's review? Post a comment saying so!
MA

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”