Official Review: Lofton 6 by Darryl G Lofton

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Re: Official Review: Lofton 6 by Darryl G Lofton

Post by Al Chakauya »

A book which leaves the reader in tears is always a good read. I am disappointed the beauty of this story is hampered by bad editing. I hope.the author will take note of all the errors and act accordingly. Thanks for the review Miriam.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I don't read many memoirs or biographies because they do not interest me. This one had the potential until you mentioned the errors. Thanks for the review!
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Al Chakauya wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 17:03 A book which leaves the reader in tears is always a good read. I am disappointed the beauty of this story is hampered by bad editing. I hope.the author will take note of all the errors and act accordingly. Thanks for the review Miriam.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really hope Darryl will take the book to the place where it belongs - in people's long-term memories.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Vscholz wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 21:17 I don't read many memoirs or biographies because they do not interest me. This one had the potential until you mentioned the errors. Thanks for the review!
I do hope Darryl will inject the improvements needed. His family's story needs to be heard and appreciated by many.

Thanks for visiting.
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I absolutely loved your review, plus the fact that you added a bit of yourself within. Pity about the book having so many issues, since the topic sounds quite interesting.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

kislany wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 03:07 I absolutely loved your review, plus the fact that you added a bit of yourself within. Pity about the book having so many issues, since the topic sounds quite interesting.
I was afraid Darryl wouldn't want the review published. I'm glad he is keeping it visible. I do hope many will be encouraged to read his story. Nonetheless, he has to make it even better; it can definitely be done.

Absolute thanks, Kislany! I see you got your next review planted. Mine is still in the planning stage.
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Miriam Molina wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 04:22
kislany wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 03:07 I absolutely loved your review, plus the fact that you added a bit of yourself within. Pity about the book having so many issues, since the topic sounds quite interesting.
Absolute thanks, Kislany! I see you got your next review planted. Mine is still in the planning stage.
Good one :lol2:
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Books tackling discrimination of any kind usually have me reaching for a tissue. I find discrimination appalling, especially because we still, to this day, see it rear its ugly head from time to time. Nonetheless, I'm glad Loftin kept a humorous tone throughout. I hope he sorts out the editing issues. Awesome review, Miriam! :)
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Ever_Reading wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 09:32 Books tackling discrimination of any kind usually have me reaching for a tissue. I find discrimination appalling, especially because we still, to this day, see it rear its ugly head from time to time. Nonetheless, I'm glad Loftin kept a humorous tone throughout. I hope he sorts out the editing issues. Awesome review, Miriam! :)
Thanks for the kind words. I have a box of tissues ready for these reads. The book I am currently reading is another weepy one. Sigh! What evil humans can do to other humans! It's inhuman.
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I would never have thought that the state or federal governments wouldn't respond positively to ANY taxpayer who had unfairly lost their job because of Ward vs. Roe. Even the local school board could have reversed that decision. To say that their situation was/is sad is an extreme understatement. Unfortunately, as a veteran myself, I do understand how his heroism was not recognized and was simply looked over as if it didn't exist. I would never call myself a hero because I'm not. But this man received a purple heart!!! That SHOULD be recognized and given respect. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. This book just really hit a nerve with me. Thanks for the review, it painted a very vivid picture of their situation.
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

In spite of Darryl's ordeals, I like the fact that the author narrated the story in a lighthearted manner. Wonderful combination.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Kelyn wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 02:16 I would never have thought that the state or federal governments wouldn't respond positively to ANY taxpayer who had unfairly lost their job because of Ward vs. Roe. Even the local school board could have reversed that decision. To say that their situation was/is sad is an extreme understatement. Unfortunately, as a veteran myself, I do understand how his heroism was not recognized and was simply looked over as if it didn't exist. I would never call myself a hero because I'm not. But this man received a purple heart!!! That SHOULD be recognized and given respect. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. This book just really hit a nerve with me. Thanks for the review, it painted a very vivid picture of their situation.
Thanks for your passionate response. It is really sad that such situations did arise. I only hope that they no longer happen.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Sweet Psamy wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 09:39 In spite of Darryl's ordeals, I like the fact that the author narrated the story in a lighthearted manner. Wonderful combination.
Darryl fought hard to attain his present reality. Despite all the negatives that surrounded him, he worked to create positives in his life. I wish he would keep reaching his goals.

Thank you for visiting.

Return to “Historical Fiction”