Review by ChristeenaP -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ChristeenaP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christeenap.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by ChristeenaP -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by ChristeenaP » 24 Nov 2018, 16:32

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner takes place in medieval times when there were Kings, Queens, warriors, and sorceresses. This story focuses on King Amren's family. His daughter, Catrin, has the abilities of a sorceress. She is able to enter the mind of other people and creatures. She has a very strong link with a raven who helps her learn how to use her powers. As the story progresses, you learn that the raven also works to keep Catrin safe. In the beginning, Romans paid King Amren a visit to demand that his banished son, Marrock, be given his natural-born right to the throne. The Roman, Lucius, decides to leave behind his son, Marcellus. In return, King Amren must leave with Lucius to discuss Marrock's rights to the throne.

The story is built around a curse that was set on King Amren by his prior Queen, Rhan. It is believed that only Catrin has the ability to change the outcome of this curse. While the King is away, it is Catrin's responsibility to gather as much inside information as possible from Marcellus. Meanwhile, Lucius has told Marcellus to acquire as much useful information as possible through Catrin. As the story unfolds, relationships are formed, promises are broken, and powers are unveiled.

My favorite part of Apollo's Raven is seeing how Catrin's powers evolve. Linnea Tanner does an amazing job at describing how these powers affect Catrin. There is a tremendous amount of detail used every time she uses her powers. My least favorite part of the story was the lack of explanation behind the God's roles in the story. They affect different decisions and beliefs of the characters. However, there isn't much explanation about why certain God's effect the characters in such a way. I wish there was a bit more background about the ideology behind the different God's that were mentioned.

Overall, I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author provided great detail throughout every scene. The storyline was one that draws you in right away. There were numerous turns of events that kept me hooked. Finally, it was great to follow how each character evolved from beginning to end.

Anyone who is interested in mystical or medieval stories would love this book most! There is also a romantic aspect within this story. I would not recommend this book to those who are looking for some type of horror or thriller story though. Overall, This is an amazing book and I believe almost anyone could love it!

Apollo's Raven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like ChristeenaP's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”