Official Review: Broken Wall by Baland Iqbal

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Broken Wall by Baland Iqbal

Post by T_stone »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 05:56
T_stone wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 02:11 I like to learn about several religions; this gives me a level of knowledge about other people's religion, which gives me an idea of how to relate with them without causing rifts. Thanks for the informative review.
Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts, T_stone.

P.S. I love your avatar. Is that your baby? So cute!
You're welcome. He's my nephew.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not sure this is the right book for me at the moment. I think it probably requires too much of my brain power. Still, I do admire the author for putting his views forth in such an interesting way. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

kandscreeley wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 09:08 I'm not sure this is the right book for me at the moment. I think it probably requires too much of my brain power. Still, I do admire the author for putting his views forth in such an interesting way. Thanks for the review.
Yes, it does require quite a mental exercise. Thanks for the visit, Sarah!
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Definitely an interesting read. I'm not quite sold on getting it right now, although I might pick it up a bit later. I think these days I'm a bit tired (probably end of the year), so I'm trying to read lighter books that don't need a lot of mental gymnastics.

Btw, I'm still around, just trying to catch up on things (real life got in the way, etc.)
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

kislany wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 12:06 Definitely an interesting read. I'm not quite sold on getting it right now, although I might pick it up a bit later. I think these days I'm a bit tired (probably end of the year), so I'm trying to read lighter books that don't need a lot of mental gymnastics.

Btw, I'm still around, just trying to catch up on things (real life got in the way, etc.)
Hmmm, reading about the devil might be less stressful, LOL! Glad to know you are still here.
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I'm not very good with symbolic writing. I feel a bit slow when it comes to searching for deeper meanings. Maybe I'll get wiser in my old age. :)
This book does sound fascinating, though. I always look forward to reading your reviews. They really are wonderful!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Bianka Walter wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 15:22 I'm not very good with symbolic writing. I feel a bit slow when it comes to searching for deeper meanings. Maybe I'll get wiser in my old age. :)
This book does sound fascinating, though. I always look forward to reading your reviews. They really are wonderful!
[/quote

You never fail to tickle me pink, my friend! Thanks for the visit and sweet words. Baland is a romantic, I must say.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

it is quite sad that the main theme of the story reflects the reality on the ground as per now. People are highly religious intolerant. We rarely realize the fact that there is strength in diversity. I loved the review and i am looking forward to finding out how the three deviating stories ended.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Franc93 wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 13:32 it is quite sad that the main theme of the story reflects the reality on the ground as per now. People are highly religious intolerant. We rarely realize the fact that there is strength in diversity. I loved the review and i am looking forward to finding out how the three deviating stories ended.
Thanks for the visit, Franc93. I encourage you to read the book. The three endings will make you think; the whole book does that!
claxical
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by claxical »

Hi
I have always viewed those that kill for their Gods as the problem of the religious world, which in turn has ugly effect on the political and economic development of the countries involved.

Religious fanatism is root of all blood shed across all religious platforms. From the great crusaders to the Holy wars and even further to the great conquest of Rome and other empires.

If only religion could be separated from politics and social institutions, economic development would be seen for what it is: a source of livelihood and not a tool in the hands of political /religious heads.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

claxical wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 12:41 Hi
I have always viewed those that kill for their Gods as the problem of the religious world, which in turn has ugly effect on the political and economic development of the countries involved.

Religious fanatism is root of all blood shed across all religious platforms. From the great crusaders to the Holy wars and even further to the great conquest of Rome and other empires.

If only religion could be separated from politics and social institutions, economic development would be seen for what it is: a source of livelihood and not a tool in the hands of political /religious heads.
That is the conundrum that seemingly defies solving. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Claxical.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for another insightful review. I am glad you mentioned a glossary is included, as it can be confusing when a story contains foreign words. Despite the editing issues, the story sounds interesting.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

bookowlie wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 16:41 Thanks for another insightful review. I am glad you mentioned a glossary is included, as it can be confusing when a story contains foreign words. Despite the editing issues, the story sounds interesting.
It's indeed interesting and intriguing. Religion is a difficult mystery to ponder. It can move one to both love and hate. It has been the cause of both peace and war.

Thanks for your visit.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

This sounds like such a deep read. It must have been tough on the love between Sania and Daleep as a result of parental opposition. I'm not keen on reading about religious ideologies though, so I will pass, but I'm glad you found the read worthwhile. Thanks for the lovely review submission on it.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Vickie Noel wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 02:16 This sounds like such a deep read. It must have been tough on the love between Sania and Daleep as a result of parental opposition. I'm not keen on reading about religious ideologies though, so I will pass, but I'm glad you found the read worthwhile. Thanks for the lovely review submission on it.
Hi, girl! Merry Christmas! Thanks for caroling.

Return to “Historical Fiction”