Review by mandahon3 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mandahon3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandahon3.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by mandahon3 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by mandahon3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I just read The Traveler’s Best Seller, by Rick Incorvia. This is a book about a man with terminal cancer who gets the chance to fulfill his “bucket list” in a very unusual way.

Tim Peregrine is a high school history teacher with a colorful group of students that are so bored with his class they have lost all respect for him. After his late stage terminal cancer diagnosis, and being told to get his affairs in order, he decides to create and fulfill his bucket list. After searching the internet for ideas, he comes across the webpage for some travel sessions assisted by Ann, a woman on a mission, and her assistants, Andrew and Vlad. Tim goes to places and times he never thought possible, and meets people he has always dreamed of meeting. He comes back changed, and has a renewed sense of purpose in teaching, and he starts to bring history alive for his students, faculty and the whole community.

As the story unfolds, the reader gets to learn more about Tim’s past, and how that has made him the person he is now. Tim is a lonely, bitter man, and he feels completely isolated. He feels that no one would miss or care that he is gone. His final travel shows him that that is completely untrue, and gives him a sense of peace and hope when he returns. He also gets the chance to make a difference in the lives of others through his best-selling book.

Being a two-time cancer survivor, I absolutely loved this book. I literally could not put it down. It took me through a whole range of emotions, and drew me in from the very first page. This book jumps right in from the start, and does not bother with unnecessary fluff and filler. It is well written, and, for me, is one of those books that can completely encompass the reader. It is a fairly short book, at 255 pages, and would be a good read for a cold winter night or a rainy day.

I feel that this book is a very solid 4 out of 4 stars. I think this book will attract people that have dealt with cancer in their lives, either directly or as part of a support network. It gives a sense of hope that one day, all cancer patients can go on a journey similar to Tim Peregrine’s.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like mandahon3's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”