Official Review: Simon's Wife by L. M. Affrossman

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Simon's Wife by L. M. Affrossman

Post by gen_g »

JHuschle519 wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 01:48 Thank you for the well written review. I love that the story is told from the point of view of a woman who "wasn't supposed to be heard." Even without reading the book that tells me that she is most likely a very well written and strong character. This seems like it will be a very interesting read. Thanks again.
It was a riveting read indeed; I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did if you decide to pick it up. Thanks for stopping by!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I usually like books that are easier to read but I think want to try this book out. It not only looks interesting but also educational. I loved your review.
:tiphat:
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 13:51 I usually like books that are easier to read but I think want to try this book out. It not only looks interesting but also educational. I loved your review.
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it! (: I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

:geek2: Thank you for such a thorough review! My interest is piqued by your description of the main character and the time in which she lives. I am putting Simon's Wife on my "To Read" list!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 14:15 :geek2: Thank you for such a thorough review! My interest is piqued by your description of the main character and the time in which she lives. I am putting Simon's Wife on my "To Read" list!
I certainly hope you will enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by! :D
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Ohh, this book gives me Joan-of-Arc vibes! As always, excellent review, and thank you for sharing :D This is definitely going on my to-read list!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Ginnamassa19 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 02:49 Ohh, this book gives me Joan-of-Arc vibes! As always, excellent review, and thank you for sharing :D This is definitely going on my to-read list!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

This review makes the book sound well-researched and well-written with organic characters. It does a great job of convincing people to pick it up, so good job on the review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sahar Majid wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 03:25 This review makes the book sound well-researched and well-written with organic characters. It does a great job of convincing people to pick it up, so good job on the review!
Thanks for stopping by!
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 02:59
Furthermore, the threads of the plot are woven together seamlessly, which makes for an intriguing and engaging read.
You have done a great job with your review. Honestly, I have no idea about the Siege of Jerusalem but I am willing to check out this vibrant read and get myself acquainted with this topic.
Me neither, I will have to check it out, never can tell when trivia can be a lifesaver or win a grand prize.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

gen_g wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 02:53
inaramid wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 01:33 Definitely not for light reading, this one, but you have me intrigued at "historical female figure that we do not know much about today." Thank you for the introduction to this work.
Indeed, it is rather heavy. Thanks for stopping by, Inaramid! (:
These days I find myself doing a lot more of these heavy reads and some intense historical based books (fiction and non-fiction) and I really can't complain as I have found most of them quite insightful with relatable and relevant themes.
I am already intrigued by this story and will sure give it a try.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

ea_anthony wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 13:33
gen_g wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 02:53
inaramid wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 01:33 Definitely not for light reading, this one, but you have me intrigued at "historical female figure that we do not know much about today." Thank you for the introduction to this work.
Indeed, it is rather heavy. Thanks for stopping by, Inaramid! (:
These days I find myself doing a lot more of these heavy reads and some intense historical based books (fiction and non-fiction) and I really can't complain as I have found most of them quite insightful with relatable and relevant themes.
I am already intrigued by this story and will sure give it a try.
Indeed, I also prefer books that provide an insightful discussion of various issues. I certainly hope that you will enjoy the book as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

Jerusalem The Holy city has so much rich history and for an author to settle on telling a story about one of the defining moments in the city's history is such an amazing outcome. Your review was indeed enlightening
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Franc93 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 14:01 Jerusalem The Holy city has so much rich history and for an author to settle on telling a story about one of the defining moments in the city's history is such an amazing outcome. Your review was indeed enlightening
Indeed, it was an enjoyable book. Thanks for stopping by!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 670
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

For the purpose of a healthy and entertaining story, it was creative for the author to retell the history during the tumultuous siege of Jerusalem in 70 C.E in the perspective of a historical female figure. It sounds amazing. Thank you for your kind review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala

Return to “Historical Fiction”