Official Review: Simon's Wife by L. M. Affrossman

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Simon's Wife by L. M. Affrossman

Post by gen_g »

Nerea wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 05:52 For the purpose of a healthy and entertaining story, it was creative for the author to retell the history during the tumultuous siege of Jerusalem in 70 C.E in the perspective of a historical female figure. It sounds amazing. Thank you for your kind review.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you will enjoy it if you decide to pick it up.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 951
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Hoheneck by Ivan Fredrikson

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I love the premise of the book. The concept of a female prisoner striking up a truce with her gaoler with the aim of getting information about her missing son is intriguing. The fact that it is a beautifully written and well researched historical novel makes it all the more appealing.

Thank you for the lovely review as always.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Kajori50 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 09:39 I love the premise of the book. The concept of a female prisoner striking up a truce with her gaoler with the aim of getting information about her missing son is intriguing. The fact that it is a beautifully written and well researched historical novel makes it all the more appealing.

Thank you for the lovely review as always.
It's not really commonly seen, is it? I certainly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment, I appreciate it.

Return to “Historical Fiction”